Staff Accountant at Evernote
- Location: Redwood City, CA (Preferred); San Diego, CA; Austin, TX; Bothell, Washington; Remote
- Department: Finance and Accounting
About the team
We are seeking an ambitious and detail-oriented Accountant for our fast-growing, fun and dynamic team. Reporting to our Accounting Manager, you will take a hands-on approach to addressing the financial reporting needs of the company.
The Controller Group maintains the integrity of our financial information. We tell a story through numbers that are accurate, timely, and relevant, ensuring that our iconic brand stewards the resources it needs to continue its exceptional trajectory. As a key member of the team, you will impact and improve several key initiatives, including account reconciliations, preparing schedules, audits and closing activities.
We are looking for a positive, reliable and knowledgeable accounting professional who demonstrates strong work ethic, and the capacity to work independently at a high level of performance in a fast-paced startup environment.
What you’ll do
- Assist with month, quarter and year-end close processes including journal entries posting and/or review, account reconciliations and roll-forwards, and closing schedules
- Work collectively within the Controller Group to generate and ensure the accuracy of consolidated and statutory financial statements
- Assist with financial statement audits
- Process daily Cash Management workstreams while ensuring transactions are handled accurately, efficiently, and timely
- Understand and Analyze impact of Foreign Currency Translation
- Identify, recommend and implement process and system improvements as the company scales
- Critically monitor business activities to identify accounting issues and recommend solutions
- Develop and enforce financial policies, internal controls, and procedures
- Assist with Ad Hoc projects and reporting, as needed
What you’ve done
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, preferably CPA
- 2+ years of accounting experience required. Experience in audit (Big 4) is preferred.
- Deep understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Experience using NetSuite is strongly preferred
- Microsoft Office proficiency with advanced MS Excel required, SQL is a plus
- Experience with Cash Application and Banking
Who You Are
- Excels in dynamic, fast-paced environments
- Logical thinker with strong systems acumen
- Takes ownership and pride in their work
- Collaborative and team-player, willingness to take on a variety of tasks
- Meets deadlines without compromising quality
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Highly motivated, self-starter, with a strong attention to detail
- A creative and independent problem-solver
- Experience in high-tech, SaaS industry is a plus
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Evernote. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global Evernote Community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!