Title: Staff Accountant – Part Time
7 Cups mission is to empower every human to care for one another. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2013, 7 Cups has significantly expanded access to emotional support and behavioral health. We are currently the largest mental health system in the world. Over 2 million people from 189 countries (in 140 different languages) use the platform each month and growing. We are living in a world with an immense love deficit. Many of us are not receiving the love we need to reach our true potential and to truly thrive. We are solving this huge problem, and trying to change the stigma around mental health.
We are seeking a Staff Accountant that can commit to 20 hours per week at $40/hr.
What you’ll do:
- Prepare accounting related entries to numerous registers, journals and logs.
- Prepare budgets and forecasts.
- Follow our company’s established accounting processes.
- Manage accounts payable activities to ensure accuracy and timeliness of paying bills.
- Perform monthly bank settlements.
- Regularly maintain detailed reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts.
- Provide detailed analyses and explanations of all transactions.
- Prepare documentation for external auditors.
What you bring:
- 3+ years experience in accounting or related field.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and Google Office Suite.
- Experience forecasting and budgeting.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Able to read and understand technical forms and financial reports.
- Understanding of tax accounting a big plus.
- Bachelor s Degree in Accounting or Finance required.
Equal Employment Opportunities at 7Cups:
7Cups is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. 7Cups believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.