Staff Accountant at Shogun
Location: Remote, US
- Shogun is on a mission to empower brands to create exceptional ecommerce experiences, and in the process, build the world’ best remote company.
- Since being in the Winter 2018 batch of Y-Combinator, we’ve seen tremendous growth while intentionally creating a culture where people from all backgrounds belong.
- Our company and products are informed by diverse perspectives from the best talent around the world.
- We are fully remote, have no offices, and are looking for team members who are excited to work remotely.
- We closed our Series A and B in 2020, and after raising a $67.5M Series C in 2021, we are scaling faster than ever.
- Some of our investors include Insight Partners, Initialized Capital, Accel, VMG Partners, and Y Combinator. Join us to grow your career with our rapidly growing company!
For this position, we are looking for candidates located in North America.
What You’ll do
- Shogun is looking for a Staff Accountant to join our Finance team, reporting into the Controller.
- As the Staff Accountant, you will be responsible for maintaining financial procedures and confirming financial compliance through preparation of a company’s reports and statements, while partnering with the Senior Accountant to support the accounting function as a whole.
- We are looking for a passionate person who is not afraid to jump in and make an immediate impact.
- Daily tasks include managing the AP queue in bill.com, obtain appropriate approvals and organize invoices
- Prepare expense entries and appropriate prepaid schedules if relevant
- Support implementation of fixed asset procedures
- Prepare customer invoices as needed
- Apply cash receipts
- Reconcile weekly cash sheet and monthly bank statements
- Support and prepare documentation throughout the accounting function
- Assist in the monthly close of the company’s financial statements and prepare account reconciliations
- Support Senior Accountant and Controller with ad-hoc projects, including system implementations
- Prepare sales tax returns
- Support income tax return filings, i.e. allocation schedules for the state filings
What You’ll Bring
Need to Have
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 1-3 years of accounting experience
- You are highly proficient in MS Excel
- You have excellent time management skills; ability to multitask and meet critical deadlines
- You take ownership of your assigned responsibilities and role
- You are well-versed in U.S. GAAP
Nice to Have
- You have experience working at one of the big 4 firms
- You have experience in a Startup Tech environment
- You have experience working with NetSuite
- CPA certification or similar
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Benefits (vary by location)
- A highly skilled and dedicated team that is fun to work with
- Remote work – We are a diverse and distributed team that uses Slack, Zoom, Notion and other tools to stay connected
- Work in the open: Operate with high integrity and choose what’s right over what’s easy. Be transparent as a company and with each other
- People are People: Treat yourself, colleagues, and customers with dignity, empathy, and respect. Start from a presumption of positive intent
- Win and grow together: Strive to be the best, individually, and as a team. Support and encourage each other. Seek opportunities for growth