Specialist – RFP and Proposal at Premier Inc.
Specialist, RFP & Proposal
- Full Time
Section I: Position Summary:
This position will be responsible for driving results, meeting deliverables, and owning all stages of the RFP/Proposal process as assigned. This will include working collaboratively with internal stakeholders to determine the appropriate response strategy, from initial RFP requirements and compliance analysis through subsequent review stages to final execution, desktop publishing/document design, through proposal writing/editing, overall coordination of the proposal management process and oversight over the production and delivery of the final submission.
Capturing/re-purposing content from all team RFP submissions and other relevant go-to-market materials for future use is a core responsibility for this role – as is maintaining the integrity and accuracy of the large volume content library by working with RFP team members, internal stakeholders and independently to keep all materials up to date.
Section II: Major Accountabilities:
- Evaluates and analyzes requirements document(s).
- Develops proposal outline and compliance matrix to track requirements throughout the full lifecycle of the proposal process.
- Develops RFP management plans – including internal proposal calendars and writers’ templates.
- Conducts kick-off meetings with internal and external contributors – including collaborating partners, 3rd party subcontractors and primes.
- Executes and drives all review cycles.
- Work with the technical teams and SMEs to translate highly technical requirements and information into clear messaging and content to produce compelling, responsive and superior quality RFPs and proposals.
- Writes and controls RFP document drafts, versioning, manages writer’s contributions and changes, prepares proposal document for final submission.
- Setting up, maintaining and completing tasks/activities in the CRM system.
- Supports additional projects requiring writer, proposal or RFP expertise and guidance as assigned.
- Capture and repurpose content and materials from all RFP submissions.
- Maintain integrity and accuracy of standard approved language and associated collateral within large volume content management tool and associated libraries.
- Partner with internal SMEs to maintain up to date product information and functionality related content and materials.
- Maintains inventory and accuracy of any assigned proposal templates.
Section III: Education & Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Area of study – Journalism, communications, English, Business, Marketing, Sales, or Professional writing preferred
- 1-3 years of applicable experience required
- 5+ years of applicable experience preferred
- Writing, editing or project management experience for proposals and RFPs required; product marketing or marketing communications required
- Healthcare or IT industry experience preferred
- Proficiency in MS Word and/or other MS Office Applications preferred
- CRM system (Salesforce) experience preferred
Section IV: Competencies:
- Excellent writing and editing/proofing skills.
- Ability to work well within highly structured timelines/deadlines.
- Ability to manage and deliver multiple simultaneous RFPs and proposals that are responsive, compliant, accurate, and that achieve messaging objectives.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Ability to understand intended audience and knowledge of subject matter.
- Ability to write and think in the voice of another and to “one voice” a document written by disparate authors.
- Ability to actively listen and handle difficult or delicate situations with diplomacy and tact.
- Ability to explain concepts clearly in written and verbal communications.
- Commitment to excellence and customer service as demonstrated through flexibility, teamwork, professionalism, and a high-level of problem-solving skills.
- Ability to maintain an aggressive schedule for developing deliverables as assigned.
- Ability to be responsible, flexible, accountable and detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task, adapt and prioritize to meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with stakeholders at all levels within the organization and externally.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!