Software Project Manager at LaunchPad Lab
Location: US Locations Only; 100% Remote
We are looking for a talented Software Project Manager to join our team. You will be working with our developers and designers to build outstanding web and mobile applications for our clients. This position will give you the opportunity to work across a number of projects and industries in a collaborative, agile environment.
As a Project Manager at LaunchPad Lab your key responsibilities will include:
- Lead teams to ensure successful project delivery through our agile project process
- Run the day-to-day engagement with clients
- Work with your teams to identify and write product requirements
- Ensure your projects are in line with timelines, scope, and budgets
- Be the main point of contact for clients regarding project status
- Be comfortable having difficult conversations with clients if there is an issue with project health. We lead with transparency, whether it’s good or bad news.
- Be comfortable performing QA and/or working with our QA team to confirm that delivered work meets client expectations
- Stay current on technology trends and best practices
- Contribute to our Product/Project Management practice through knowledge sharing and consistent demonstration of leading delivery practices
This role is a blend of project and product management, with an estimated 80% focus on project management and 20% on product strategy.
About LaunchPad Lab
Fueled by a team of passionate and driven product builders, LaunchPad Lab is a Chicago-based software development agency focused on our clients’ success. Our Seven Constants are the values that drive our company culture and decision making.
We work in a collaborative environment where everyone is expected to be creative and contribute to building outstanding products. Each day at LaunchPad Lab is an opportunity to work with a talented team focused on making a difference.
- 2+ years of agile software project management experience
- A comfort level with technology and programming concepts. Programming experience a plus.
- Project management experience with custom software application development
- Able to create alignment among internal and external stakeholders
- Comfortable working with software developers to ensure successful delivery
- An understanding of how to make tradeoffs to manage a budget and timeline
- A sense of how incoming requests or new pieces of information could impact scope
- Comfortable in client-facing situations. Previous consulting experience a plus.
- We are a remote-first company with employees located in 14+ states
- Our headquarters is in Chicago, which provides an optional workspace for our Chicago-based employees
- Competitive salary
- Health Insurance (company pays 100% of employee PPO premium)
- Dental Insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium)
- Vision Insurance (company pays 100% of premium)
- 401(k) with up to 4% company match
- $1,000 annual continuing education budget
- Flexible work and vacation schedule
- All benefits are available immediately upon starting
Thank you for taking the time to read this job description. It means a lot to us that you are interested in LaunchPad Lab and we look forward to learning more about you.
Location: US Locations Only