Software Engineer – North America or Europe at Segovia
New York, United States Full-time Allows remote
Looking to use your engineering skills to help make the world a better place? We’re building products to improve the lives of people in emerging markets by connecting them to global payment networks.
In many of the countries we work in, the majority of people don’t have a bank account, so digital mobile money services like M-Pesa have become a vital part of the financial system. The Segovia payments platform provides a web app and developer API to send money to mobile money networks in 11 countries and counting across Africa. We help non-profits provide assistance to people living in poverty, agricultural firms pay farmers for their crops, and gig economy startups pay workers – and there are many more opportunities for impact.
We recently joined the Crown Agents Bank group and are a small New York/London-based team looking to hire extraordinary people who are excited by our mission and share our values. We offer competitive salary and equity compensation, flexible hours, and great medical, dental, and vision benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
As a Software Engineer at Segovia, you’ll help define, build, iterate and test our core products. More specifically you will:
- Build new features to expand the capabilities of the Segovia Payment Gateway API and web portal.
- Research and invent creative solutions to meet the challenges of delivering technology in developing countries.
- Support our deployment team by delivering new functionality and implementing program requirements for our NGO customers.
- Work with partners around the world to add new countries and payment methods to our payment network.
- Collaborate with our operations team to build internal tools and help automate the business.
- Identify and help fix performance bottlenecks across the whole stack.
- You are a strong developer with at least 2 years of experience writing clean, production-quality code.
- You have a firm grasp of relational databases.
- You collaborate well with others to make engineering and product decisions.
Ideally you are also:
- Motivated by our mission and want to build technology that makes a difference
- Excited to work on a small team across all parts of the stack.
- Experienced with building and supporting cloud-based web infrastructure with Linux and AWS.
- A good communicator and natural collaborator who can work with colleagues at all levels.
- Able to spot bad user experiences and suggest improvements.
Please note that while some of our team is based out of New York City, we are also open to Remote candidates in North America and Europe (especially United Kingdom).
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!