Software Engineer, Merchandise at Stitch Fix
Software Engineer, Merchandise
MultiThreaded Engineering, UX and Design at Stitch Fix
At Stitch Fix, our goal is to help our customers look great and feel great about themselves by revolutionizing how people shop. In a time-starved world where shopping often feels overwhelming, our business connects customers to clothes they love. Whether it’s helping someone dress for success at a new job or taking the stress out of packing for a family vacation, we fix clients’ closets – and they love us for it!
We’ve built unique, innovative software for merchandising, warehouse and inventory management, remote styling, and logistics. We leverage vast amounts of client data to make decisions throughout the company. All of this results in a simple, powerful offering to our clients and a very successful business. We believe we are only scratching the surface of our opportunity, and we’re looking for incredible people to contribute!
Stitch Fix’s Merchandise Engineering team is looking for a mindful, empathetic, and self-aware Software Engineer to join our team to help us move thinking forward. We create tools that support and enhance the decisions of our buyers and forecast planners. We’re motivated by our ability to improve the quality of our inventory while measuring the impact of our work on the business as a whole.
We prioritize fast iteration without compromising quality while maintaining an attention to detail that creates the personalization Stitchfix is known for. We are a distributed team that collaborates & pair-programs across 4 time-zones, and we love building relationships that enable everyone to learn & ask questions. With a strong focus on growth and personal development, Stitchfix is the ideal place to develop your skills in an environment that is built on mutual trust and respect.
You’re excited about this opportunity because…
- You will ship features that will delight our internal users and directly affect our client’s fix experience.
- You will partner with business partners, product management and design to help set project scope.
- You will participate in technical design discussions, remove blockers and align stakeholders.
- You will drive programs in engineering reliability, productivity, process, and quality.
- You will iterate on our agile-inspired process to help us build better software as a cohesive team.
We are excited about you because you…
- Are enthusiastic about technology
- Are respectful, empathetic, and curious
- Thrive in collaborative teams with a shared goal
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Take initiative and are excited by new problems
- Might need some guidance from time to time, but you are good at getting yourself un-stuck
- Might have experience with building APIs and micro-services
- Might have experience with Postgres, Redis and/or RabbitMQ
- Might have experience working remotely
Our technology stack…
- Ruby and Rails
- Angular and React
Even if you already have experience with these tools, you’ll have the chance to get even better with them. And if you don’t already use these tools, we will help you learn and become effective with them.
You’ll love working at Stitch Fix because we…
- Are a successful, vibrant, fast-growing company
- Are a technologically and data-driven business.
- Are at the forefront of tech and fashion, redefining shopping for the next generation.
- Are passionate about our clients and live/breathe the client experience.
- Get to be creative every day.
- Have a smart, experienced, and diverse leadership team that wants to do it right & is open to new ideas.
- Believe in autonomy & taking initiative.
- Full support for remote work—and you get to visit our SF office every few months to connect with your peers and partners.
- Offer transparent, equitable, and competitive compensation based on your level to help eliminate bias in salaries, as well as equity and comprehensive health benefits.
- Are serious about our commitment to life-work balance, and have generous parental leave policies.
About Stitch Fix
At Stitch Fix, we’re about personal styling for everybody and we believe in both a service and a workplace where you can be your best, most authentic self. We’re the first fashion retailer to combine technology and data science with the human instinct of a Stylist to deliver a deeply personalized shopping experience. This novel juxtaposition attracts an extraordinary collection of talented people who are both thinkers and doers. All of this results in a simple, powerful offering to our customers and a successful, growing business serving millions of men, women, and kids. We believe we are only scratching the surface on our opportunity, and we’re looking for incredible people like you to help us carry on that trend.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!