Software Engineer, Full Stack at Stable
Software Engineer, Full Stack
Stable streamlines back-office tasks for remote-first and hybrid companies. Over 300 companies like Lugg, Qapital, and AirGarage use Stable to maintain a virtual address, digitize their mailroom, and solve logistical operations challenges.
Customers are also raving about our intuitive product and amazing user experience — we’ve been growing organically by word-of-mouth and are looking for empathetic, creative individuals to join us.
We are building tools for the “remote operations manager”, starting with business addresses and mailrooms. The next 10 years of company building will be unlike anything we’ve seen before — defined by geographic diversity, distributed work-hubs, and virtualization of the physical world.
We’re backed by incredible investors like Y Combinator, Hustle Fund, Remote First Capital and founders from companies like Lattice, Apartment List, and Kabam.
This is an opportunity to join an early-stage startup as one of the first employees and have work that directly impacts the future of how companies are built.
As a software engineer at Stable you will contribute to every part of our codebase — from APIs, to internal tools, to customer facing web applications, the infrastructure you build will compound in effectiveness to empower our growing customer base, team, partners, and third party consumers.
Stable is simplifying outdated and convoluted regulatory frameworks with software. As an engineer on our team, you’ll help create elegant abstractions over archaic foundations so that consumers of this infrastructure can unlock solutions never before possible.
Your day-to-day work will directly influence how customers and partners interact with our products. Here are a few examples of the types of projects you’ll work on:
- Stable Dashboard — A user facing web application for customers to view and take action on their mail, find meaningful business information, and more.
- Mail Partner Dashboard — A mail partner facing web application at the nexus of our physical and digital mail operations. This dashboard currently saves our team and mail partners countless hours per day.
- Core Infrastructure — Architect and implement the underlying infrastructure that powers our products and physical logistics.
- Stable API — A public API that allows consumers to utilize the software abstractions we’ve put over our physical operations.
This role is ideal for engineers invigorated by solving difficult problems and by building software with a large impact. You’ll be the one of the first engineers at an early-stage startup, and should be excited to apply your analytical, hacker-first, mindset towards problems of all types.
Who you are
- Driven by impact: You consistently see the possibility in what could be. The idea that you can make the future better than the present is exciting — and you want to be surrounded by others that share this ambition.
- Learn by doing: You are motivated by results, and naturally understand which problems are most important to solve first. When challenges arise, you believe the best way to solve them is by tackling them head on.
- Form deep relationships: You can easily put yourself in others’ shoes and enjoy understanding varying perspectives. You’ve found a result of this tendency are relationships you care about deeply.
What You’ll Do
- Architect and implement core infrastructure as we scale with growing customer and product demand
- Establish engineering best practices for code deployment, review, and development
- Pull from previous engineering experiences to creatively solve real world logistics problems using software
- Lead product and feature implementation while balancing customer, team member, and stakeholder requirements with engineering team priorities
- Technologies we use: React, Typescript, Node, GraphQL, MySQL, and AWS (if you think a new technology can solve an engineering problem better, we’re all ears)
What we offer
- Competitive salary and generous equity
- Unlimited vacation-time
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Home office set-up
- Work from anywhere within US time zones (GMT-5 to GMT-10)
- Opportunities to shape the future of Stable and grow into leadership roles
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!