Distributed Systems (Go)
ENGINEERING – IPFS
Lead a team to define and build elegant, performant, and resilient systems for tomorrow’s web.
Distributed Systems Engineering at Protocol Labs
Distributed systems engineering lies at the center of many projects at Protocol Labs. With IPFS, libp2p, Filecoin and other related projects we are laying the foundation for a more resilient, more secure, distributed version of the web. This requires rigorous engineering from protocol design through all the phases of implementation. We strike a balance between pragmatism (put it on a ship), deeply informed protocol design, and strict application of strong engineering principles. All of this happens in an environment defined by curiosity, passion, and a love for open source.
As Technical Lead/Manager at Protocol Labs you will…
- Design elegant, reusable open-source solutions to hard distributed systems problems
- Facilitate team coordination and execution as custodian of the plan
- Prioritize technical projects, collaborations, and research based on team needs and goals
- Guide the design of performant and resilient applications
- Drive advanced development to integrate research results into running software systems
- Provide code reviews, guidance, and encouragement for open source contributors around the world
You may be a fit for this role if you have…
- Solid understanding of distributed systems principles (required)
- A good understanding of the current Web’s application model (required)
- Demonstrated expertise leading high performing teams for breakthrough results, capable of attracting, motivating and energizing the very best
- Literacy with cryptographic principles and practicesExperience Implementing distributed software systems and applications that overcome the challenges of p2p networking
- A fiery passion for busting through NATsExperience leading and guiding Open Source projects (preferred)
- Experience Implementing DHTs, consensus (Raft/PAXOS) and/or blockchain-based protocols (preferred)
- Experience with 1 or more of the following: Smart Contracts, storage platforms, UNIX file systems, VMs (preferred)
- Proficiency at tuning network applications for high and low bandwidth settings (preferred)
What’s it like to work at Protocol Labs?
Protocol Labs mission is to improve humanity’s most important technology, the Internet. We build protocols, systems, and tools to improve how it works. Today, we are focused on how we store, locate, and move information. Our projects include IPFS, Filecoin, libp2p, and more.
As a distributed team, we hire anywhere in the world, and at various levels of experience (entry, senior, staff). We look for people with unique perspectives and diverse backgrounds.
We have a great benefits package, including parental leave, contributions to your retirement, competitive pay, and unlimited time off. For U.S.-based employees, we also provide platinum-level health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family.