Software Engineer – Customer Experience at Crowd Cow
Software Engineer – Customer Experience
How many times in your career do you have the chance to create a ubiquitous consumer brand, build an entirely new supply chain, and change a big part of the food system?
Today, Crowd Cow offers the most convenient and direct way for consumers to purchase from independent and family-owned farms, providing access to a world of craft meats and seafoods more diverse and flavorful than most people realize. We’re also creating opportunities for the very best independent producers to reach more customers.
Our business continues to thrive, as more people need access to high quality meats and seafoods, without having to leave their homes. Crowd Cow has grown 400% this year and we’re looking to grow our team with people interested in working at a fast-growing start-up with a team of highly motivated and talented individuals.
We’re looking for a senior engineer to join our development team, and work on all aspects of Crowd Cow that are customer-facing, including our website for desktop and mobile, mobile applications, email, and push notifications. This role is perfect for someone interested in working at a fast-growing startup with highly experienced developers who know how to build successful products. You’re comfortable in an uncertain environment, a fast learner, with a commitment to quality.
You might be a great fit for Crowd Cow’s Software Engineer – Customer Experience role if you possess the following qualities:
- Customer Focus. You have a high degree of customer empathy, and always keep the customer experience front of mind as you build software. You care about the fit, finish, and feel of the experience, not just the functionality. The experiences you build are a pleasure for customers to use.
- High Standards. Your code is fast, reliable, accessible, and secure. You’re proficient in developing high-quality code the first time, and rarely have to rework code already in production to meet these objectives.
- Growth Mindset. You are never satisfied with the status quo. You are constantly looking for ways to be more effective as an engineer.
- Positive, Can-do Attitude. When confronted with challenges of any type, you see opportunities, not problems. You inspire others to confront those challenges, learn from them, and take actions that will make the team and our technology stack stronger.
- Ownership mentality. You hold yourself accountable for anything related to your work and your code. If there’s an issue, you show a high degree of ownership to fix it and prevent similar issues in the future.
- Engineering Frugality. You look for creative ways to write compact, high-quality code that gets the job done now vs. larger, more complex code that takes longer to ship and more work to maintain. This approach keeps us moving quickly and gives us the option to continue building in one direction or to shift onto another project that will drive growth in the business faster.
These are the key objective requirements for the role:
- 5+ years working as a software engineer
- Experience building consumer-facing, e-commerce websites. Mobile app experience a plus
We are currently a remote company but have a strong preference for Pacific Time Zone.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!