Software Engineer – NLU/NLP
Software Development – San Jose, California
The position is based in either San Jose, California or the Research Triangle Park in Raleigh-Durham in North Carolina. We may consider remote work (USA only) for the right candidate.
- Implement NLU/NLP solutions to extract value from enterprise Base data.
- Be the in-house NLP expert, lead NLP initiatives, review the deliverables and set standards and guideline
- Develop design principles for developing new dialog flows.
- Help cultivate company-wide best practices for NLP and Coach and Mentor other members of the team
- Deconstruct customer-agent conversations to programmatically extract concepts and relationships between concepts in various conversation scenarios.
- Work with various business lines like Sales and Marketing to identify opportunities for NLP and recommend them into actionable data science projects.
- Guide the data engineers to design data pipelines to effectively store, normalize and access text data.
- Evaluate and identify the vendor products for the appropriate use within enterprise applications.
- Make decision on application architecture, technology direction and roadmap
- Assist in incorporating text data as features to existing models in production.
- Design, build, develop, validate, productionize, monitor, and maintain NLP machine learning and deep learning models.
- Lead project team in activities including project coordination/management, Project alignments, Leadership communication, application design and architecture.
- Excellent communication skills in written and verbal forms, and an ability to communicate complex technical issues to a range of technical and non-technical audiences (management, peers, clients).
- Must have the Passion for continuous learning and always improving yourself and the team around you.
Technical Experience and Skill set:
- Strong knowledge of the Machine Learning techniques around natural language.
- Strong knowledge IVR based application development and Conversational IVR.
- Experience in Dialogflow. If not, other AI or in any popular NLP engines and models such as:
- tokenization, parts of speech tagging, stemming, lemmatization, named entity recognition, sentiment analysis, TF-IDF, topic modeling, bag of words, word vectors, language modeling, seq2seq, LSTMs, Transformers, etc.
- Good knowledge on building conversational IVR (Interactive Voice Response) flows using Google Dialog flow.
- MUST have implemented enterprise scale NLU based IVR solution(s).
- Programming experience in Node JS, Python, SQL, NoSQL, Java, Graph Databases a plus
- Strong knowledge of applicable methodologies, tools, standards, and procedures.
- Experience in Big Data platform handling large volumes of data and have experience in data processing and storage.
- 401K plan with 100% matching contributions*.
- Flex time
- PTO and standard holidays.
- Sick Leave.
- Work from Home days.