Software Engineer – Kubernetes
- Remote – Europe | Remote – United States of America | San Francisco
Mesosphere is on a mission to provide the best multi-cloud and hybrid-cloud services platform in the industry, built with Kubernetes on DC/OS. We’re looking for highly motivated engineers to join us.
This team is responsible for delivering a world-class global-scale, multi-cloud infrastructure automation platform to some of the most innovative names in tech, cloud, healthcare and financial services.
This position will give you the opportunity to collaborate with the brightest engineering minds in cloud infrastructure and distributed systems, as you design and develop reliable, resilient, and scalable services with Kubernetes.
As an ideal candidate, you would have empathy for your customer and your team, and welcome customer feedback. You would excel with minimal technical supervision, and design and implement solutions independently, while also supporting your team members. You would embrace time constraints, and work with team members to deliver high-quality products and features, with rapid iteration.
You’d contribute in:
- Performing code reviews and give constructive, critical, and cordial feedback.
- Performing design reviews and provide insight to your team.
- Creating clear designs and write helpful documentation.
- Engaging the Kubernetes community on projects that are important to our product.
- Writing reliable Kubernetes control plane code, and the tests that allow it to safely evolve.
You’d be a great fit if you:
- Understand Kubernetes control plane architecture
- Understand container orchestration
- Can comfortably write and test software in Go
- Have developed and operated large-scale infrastructure services
- Have automated infrastructure in public clouds
- Are self-driven and motivated, with a strong work ethic and a passion for problem-solving
- Can debug, troubleshoot and resolve complex technical issues reported by customers
- Know Linux or other Unix-like operating systems
We’d be impressed if you also:
- Apply agile development principles in short work iterations.
- Implement Continuous Deployment practices in your work.
- Have implemented Kubernetes controllers.
- Have developed loosely-coupled distributed systems.
- Have deployed applications in Mesos and/or DC/OS.
- Can develop applications in Python, C, or C++.
- Actively participate in the Kubernetes community, and/or contribute to the Kubernetes ecosystem.
- Understand cloud platforms architecture, especially networking, security, storage, and resilient application topologies.
Mesosphere is dedicated to helping enterprises unlock the next generation of datacenter scale, efficiency and automation with Apache Mesos. Mesosphere’s open source product, the datacenter operating system (DC/OS), is a new kind of operating system that spans the entire datacenter, pools datacenter resources, and automates IT operations. Backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Khosla Ventures, Microsoft, HPE, Data Collective, T. Rowe Price, and Fuel Capital, Mesosphere is headquartered in San Francisco with a second office in Hamburg, Germany.