Experienced Software Engineer
We are currently actively hiring for our Experienced Software Engineer role. Please see our careers page to learn more about how we hire at Culture Foundry.
Culture Foundry is a digital agency focused on connecting the world with beautiful technology. We build websites and custom applications for clients large and small.
We are technology agnostic. We believe in choosing the right tool for the job. Our team has experience in Ruby/Rails, PHP, Drupal, MODX, WordPress, Craft CMS, Angular, Vue, Golang, React, iOS and Android. We even occasionally work with .NET code.
We work as a distributed team with staff all across the U.S., and have offices / nexus points in Boulder, Seattle, Portland and Austin.
Our engineers have experience in a consultative environment, excellent communication skills and a desire to work with talented teams building innovative products. We value what our creative director calls “hybrid” personalities, people who are as comfortable in conversation as they are in code.
Most of our projects center around a content management system, so experience with Drupal, WordPress, MODX or Craft CMS is highly desired. That said, if you’ve developed some compelling alternatives to these technologies you think we should consider, feel free to make your pitch.
We’re looking for an experienced software engineer to deliver working solutions to our clients.
- Understanding of HTTP, REST and modern web frameworks
- Experience (five years or more) delivering multiple large scale web applications
- RDBMS expertise
- Proficiency with Git and distributed version control practices
- Willingness to do enhancement development and bug fixes on existing applications
- Strong desire to play a mentorship role to help our Junior Software Engineers and Web Developer Interns grow and thrive
- Actual live URLs of things you have built that we can inspect at this very moment
- Experience hand-building a truly RESTful API
- Expertise with devops techniques and tools like Puppet
- Expertise with system administration for Linux on Amazon EC2
- Interest in development process refactoring or experience with kanban or scrum
- Experience with MySQL.
- Experience with automated testing and automated build and deployment processes
- A strong background in OO principles
You can work lots of places, but Culture Foundry may be the place for you if:
- Our core purpose and values resonate with you.
- You’re ready for a remote workplace (its pros and its cons). While we have offices in Austin, Boulder, Portland and Seattle, we invite employees to treat those as a convenience, not an obligation. Prefer to work from somewhere entirely different? No problem. You just need to keep a schedule that includes core hours of 9am-3pm Pacific time to have sufficient overlap with the team.
- You can thrive in an “extreme flexibility” environment. This means you pack your own motivation, discipline and accountability for delivery.
- You want to be a part of a small team that delivers big things: The “they” in “how did they do that?”
- You value a fun culture, extreme flexibility, compelling projects, great health insurance and competitive salaries, pretty much in that order.