Software Engineer – API Infrastructure Secureworks Austin, TX, Columbia, MD, or Remote
Austin, Texas, Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Columbia, Maryland, United States
Secureworks (SCWX-NASDAQ) is a global leader in intelligence-driven information security solutions. We help organizations confidently pursue business goals in a digitally-connected world. Consistently recognized by industry analysts and readers’ polls, we are one of the best in the world at understanding and anticipating threat behavior. We see 250 billion events every day across 4400 clients in more than 55 countries, and our solutions work across all the layers of a client’s security environment, including 330 different vendor technologies. Join a talented, dedicated, and diverse team of researchers, analysts, engineers, consultants and business professionals who are focused 100% on protecting our clients from cyber threats. We seek out the brightest minds and empower our teams with the tools and support they need to fight the bad guys and maintain our company’s leadership in the cyber security industry.
Uniquely positioned to adapt as the industry evolves, we are also proud to be part of the Dell Technologies family. We enjoy competitive compensation and benefits packages, and reward and recognize our employees for exceptional results. A constant focus on continued learning and growth keeps our team members engaged and excited about what’s next. We offer flexible work options when available, and emphasize the importance of work-life balance. We know that when our people are rewarded, recognized, and rejuvenated, we win as a team.
We are looking for a highly motivated software engineer to work in a fast-paced, startup-like environment to improve the ways internal and external developers interact with our platform, while also making sure our APIs get the appropriate support and attention. Our aim is to provide access to our next generation security platform from anywhere, in a stable and secure way.
We are looking for a software engineer with strong architectural as well as debugging skills, that cares about scalability, availability and quality infusing our next-generation security platform with a world-class API. You will act as an API expert for core platform services, working with internal and external product engineering teams to ensure consistent and performant APIs that follow best practices. You will also design the tools, libraries and frameworks to automate and accelerate customer onboarding onto our platform.
- Designing, building and maintaining scalable and reliable API frameworks and libraries.
- Benchmarking and monitoring hooks for performant and resilient deployments.
- Contributing to the API design for all upcoming features.
- Writing tooling and code generation to make your own and other people’s job easier.
- Interacting with both internal and external development teams.
- Constantly raising the bar of engineering practices across the team.
- Work effectively on a geographically distributed team to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules.
- BS in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent experience.
- 2-5 years of relevant software development experience, including work on building large-scale systems.
- Proficiency with multiple programming languages including but not limited to: Golang and Python.
- Experience with Amazon AWS, Google GCP, or Microsoft Azure.
- Experience developing a service-oriented or microservice architecture.
- Experience developing with containers and orchestrators (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos).
- Full stack-experience and a solid understanding of how to debug problems from UI down to systems.
- Passionate about well-crafted code and a strong desire to learn.
- Certified as AWS Solutions Architect, GCP Cloud Architect, or MCSE in Azure Cloud Platform and Infrastructure.
- Experience with AWS CloudTrail/CloudWatch, GCP Cloud Audit Logging/Cloud Monitoring, Azure Log Analytics/Monitor, or Microsoft Graph Security API.
- Experience with RDBMS and NoSQL databases (e.g. Elasticsearch, Athena/Presto, Cassandra/HBase/Accumulo, etc).
- Experience with profilers, benchmark testing, and monitoring services (Datadog, Statsd/Grafana, ELK Stack, etc.).
- Familiarity with packet captures, network flows, log data, malware analysis, etc.
- Prior experience developing software in an entrepreneurial environment.
Secureworks (A Dell Technologies Company) is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Secureworks are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Secureworks will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Secureworks here.
Job Family: Engineering Secureworks Graduates Remote
Job ID: R82948