Software Engineer at Guidewire
- UNITED STATES – REMOTE
- PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
InsuranceNow engineering at Guidewire has an exciting opportunity for you! InsuranceNow product is an all-in-one core, digital and data analytics system that provides comprehensive insurance business functionality. We are looking for mid to senior level engineer, who will play a significant role in development of Portal applications that provide digital experience, built using modern User Interface and Web technologies.
While UI experience and skills are essential for this position, someone who worked in the role of a full stack developer in the past, is given preference.
You will be part of highly collaborative team which leverages agile development methodology, pair programming and have fun with what they do every single day.
What you would do
- Collaborate with Product Managers, UX designers and Architects for analyzing product User Interface requirements and usability improvement opportunities.
- Quickly convert mockups to demonstrable code, analyze engineering feasibility by doing designs and prototypes.
- Work with Architects and other engineers in designing, developing and implementing User Interfaces.
- Own Continuous Integration (CI) and Automated Testing pipelines for your work.
- Own, troubleshoot & resolve code defects.
What you would need to succeed
- React, Angular JS or Vue.JS is highly desirable.
- Experience with Java or any Object-Oriented Programming language is required.
- Develop user interface that runs on all common web browsers, including Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the above areas is required.
- Strong Experience in contributing to architecture, design and implementation of products
- Expert at writing unit tests and testable components.
- Experience building automation scripts and tools to support the CI &CD pipeline.
- Expert in design patterns and best coding practices.
- Experience working in an Agile work environment and knowledge of Agile methodologies.
- Strong technical communication skills
- BS/MS degree (Computer Science) or equivalent
- An aptitude for continuous learning of new technologies that can be applied to improving the product.
- Experience or exposure to developing enterprise software applications hosted on Public Cloud infrastructure such as AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Understanding of authentication, role-based access control (authorization), web application security, is a plus.
The ideal candidate will share our core values: Collegiality, Integrity, and Rationality.
Collegiality – We value strong teams. We work together as professional equals. We strive to continuously improve our processes and make realistic assumptions to maintain a reasonable work-life balance. We are trusted to manage our own time. We value ideas, not titles. We welcome and consider contrary opinions.
Integrity – We insist on truthful relationships with customers, prospective customers, partners, investors, and each other in everything that we do.
Rationality – We communicate through clear arguments. We decide carefully based on factual evidence. We like calm, systematic, thoughtful solutions. We believe in testing. We never assume that we’re building software the “best” way, and constantly seek to improve our processes.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!