Software Engineer at General Electric - GE
- Healthcare USA & Canada
- GE Healthcare
- United States
- Develop and test (automation) to ensure designs are in compliance with specifications.
- Has the ability to take ownership of small tasks and deliver without supervision while using their discretion to seek help when necessary.
- Demonstrate the ability to help team members through pair programming and code reviews.
- Has the ability to evaluate basic technology choices and articulate tradeoffs.
- Skilled in writing code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project.
- Skilled in core data structures and algorithms and implements them using language of choice.
The Software Engineer has responsibilities extending to the design and development of software within the P&L. Responsible for programing a feature and or a small feature set(s) in new or existing software/applications. Contributes to the team and works with direction from Team Members or management, beginning to work independently.
This is a remote position located anywhere in the US.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math).
- A minimum of 2 years of professional experience.
- Excellent oral/written communication & listening skills will be necessary to present information, analysis & recommendations to all levels of employees, including senior engineers and managers.
- Solid Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithms, and problem solving.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Career Level Entry-Level
Relocation Assistance No
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!