6 month initial contract
Earn up to £50,000 yearly
About the Company
Merj is a London based digital agency that specialises in delivering simple solutions to complex problems. We work discreetly to understand the challenges facing our clients and produce intelligent, actionable and effective insights. Merj is continually exploring new technologies to push forward the limits of what is possible and help our clients to set and achieve their goals.
We understand that we won’t find the team we’re looking for in a single location so we are building a remote working culture that ensures a healthy work/life balance.
Merj is looking for a dedicated, adaptable and enthusiastic software developer to form the bedrock of our development team. You must be ready to take ownership of your work and be able to meet deadlines, and should be interested in helping to establish good software engineering practices.
You will be supporting our consultants by creating and maintaining the tools that they use to produce insights from client data. You will initially be responsible for porting our existing tools from Ruby to Go and ensuring that they are ready for use on Windows, macOS, BSD and GNU/Linux. In the course of your work you will also need to help setup and administer servers. This will give you the rare opportunity to work on many different kinds of problems.
We often work with very large data sets. The ideal candidate would be interested in computer science and mathematics and have some familiarity with Big-data, computer architecture and optimization, but there will be plenty of opportunity for learning while doing.
Skills and Requirements
We are looking for a dedicated software developer who has:
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- A Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science or a related discipline from an accredited University
- A minimum of 5 years software development experience
- A minimum of 2 years experience with Golang
- Experience with Windows, macOS and BSD or GNU/Linux operating systems
- Experience with Ruby or a similar scripting language
- Experience with C or a similar programming language
- Experience with Git or a similar version control systems
- Experience with Scrum or a similar project management system