Social Worker at Grand Rounds
CLINICAL STRATEGY AND SERVICES – CLINICAL TEAM
- Grand Rounds is a new kind of healthcare company. Founded in 2011, the company is on a mission to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone, everywhere.
- The Grand Rounds team goes above and beyond to connect and guide people to the highest quality healthcare available for themselves and their loved ones.
- Grand Rounds creates products and services that give people the best possible healthcare experience.
- Named a 2019 Best Place to Work by Glassdoor and Rock Health’s 2018 Fastest Growing Company, Grand Rounds works with inspiring employers and doctors to empower them to be the change agents we need to make our shared vision a reality.
- The Social Worker will serve an invaluable role caring for members with industry-leading, whole-person interventions.
- The Social Worker will care for members across the United States while working directly with our team of generalist and specialist clinicians, ancillary team members, and non-clinical care team staff.
- He/she will interact with members virtually, using expertise to serve members holistically through assessment and intervention for social drivers of health, conducting validated screenings, referring to and coordinating local care, and providing direct psychosocial support via motivational interviewing and other tools.
- Interventions may be provided by Grand Rounds or through local care, community resources, or other available plan benefits.
- The Social Worker will also serve as a key internal consultant to other clinicians, supporting the clinical team in caring for members’ social needs.
- The Social Worker will also support clinical leadership as Grand Rounds seeks to improve the health of entire populations.
- This may include compiling resources, assisting in intervention design, support in training other team members, and prioritization of SDOH initiatives.
- As Grand Rounds seeks to impact both quality and cost for populations under our care, this Social Worker will collaborate with leadership, using his/her expertise to maintain cutting-edge, visionary care.
- Directly serve members, addressing psychosocial needs within the scope of Grand Rounds’ products, including both coordination and direct member care.
- Participate in a collaborative interdisciplinary team consisting of varying medical and behavioral health specialists to deliver seamless, high-quality care to complex members.
- Use validated techniques such as Motivational Interviewing to help members achieve improved health.
- Navigate members to local medical and behavioral health providers, community resources, or health care benefits to ensure high-quality care and psychosocial support.
- Support the larger clinical team by consulting on social work and behavioral-health related questions.
- Support with our training team as needed in training other care team staff as appropriate on key psychosocial issues.
- Assist leadership in building and prioritizing SDOH solutions for membership.
- Licensed Medical Social Worker or Licensed Clinical Social Worker, with full unrestricted license in good standing with the governing board of his/her state.
- Minimum 3 years of clinical experience.
- Comfortable caring holistically for complex patients with varying medical and behavioral health conditions.
- Highly Empathetic. You’ll work with patients and their families who are going through challenging times. You need to keep perspective, be empathetic, and be reassuring that you will help them.
- Efficient. We are a fast-growing company and we are busy! You will have lots of work to do and will be expected to meet volume goals without sacrificing quality. We’ll give you the tools you need to succeed, but you’ll have to be an efficient worker.
- Flexible and comfortable with working in a rapidly-changing environment. Grand Rounds is constantly evolving, and our clinicians need to be able to thrive in these types of situations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. You will spend a lot of time on the phone with patients and families, therefore the ability to gather a clinical history, answer questions, and give a great “phone experience” is critical.
- Able to handle a fast-paced environment with competing priorities. You need good judgment to appropriately juggle your responsibilities.
- Able and willing to work until 6:00 pm local time, with occasional weekend commitments as well.
- Strictly follow security and HIPAA regulations to protect our patients’ medical information.
- Pleasant, responsive, and willing to work with and learn from our team.
- Excel at communicating with patients and clinicians, and enjoy doing so.
- Collaborate well across a multidisciplinary team with clinical and non-clinical members to deliver a seamless, top-quality care experience to patients.
- Ability to understand cultural and socioeconomic issues affecting members and think creatively about all the resources available at a local or employer benefit level to be able to ensure members can get to the appropriate level of care.
Grand Rounds is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Grand Rounds considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!