Social News Writer
EDITORIAL – ELITE DAILY
Elite Daily is a seeking remote, part-time News Writer to cover social news for our News vertical. Day-to-day responsibilities include sweeping for stories, pitching unique angles on trending content, and writing articles for the vertical.
The ideal candidate will be up to date with all the latest fast-food releases (think McDonald’s, Starbucks, and Dunkin’), Instagram and Snapchat updates, and all the best flight deals for affordable vacays. Coverage will include a variety of topics such as new food releases, tech and social media updates, travel deals, general news, and viral news. Applicants should be experienced news writers with strong news judgment and an understanding of the Elite Daily voice. The ideal candidate is creative, well organized, and able to handle multiple projects at once.
Candidates must have availability to work remotely Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday ideally from 7 a.m. — 2 p.m ET, but we are also flexible with an 8 a.m. — 3 p.m. ET schedule.
- Sweep the internet and pitch stories for relevant news that would appeal to the Elite Daily audience
- Work directly with editors to brainstorm and ideate unique angles on current trending topics
- Effectively package posts for search and/or social with enticing, clickable headlines and teasers
- Write 3-4 news stories per shift about topics like food, tech, politics, and viral news
- Degree in journalism, communications, political science, or related
- 1+ years of experience in writing, reporting, or blogging
- Strong voice, unique ideas, and the ability to not completely force your views on readers
- Familiarity with SEO best practices
- Twitter addiction regrettably preferred