Social Media Metrics and Evaluation Adjunct Lecturer at University of Florida - UF
Title: Social Media Metrics and Evaluation Adjunct Lecturer
- Location: United States
- Classifications: Remote
Join the faculty of U.S. News and World Report’s 7th ranked U.S. public university at an exciting time of growth and opportunity. The online graduate program within the College of Journalism and Communications (UF CJC Online) seeks a qualified adjunct instructor to re-develop and teach MMC 6727: Social Media Metrics and Evaluation starting in the Fall 2020 semester (re-development) and Spring 2021 semester (first teach of course).
UF CJC Online transforms lives through graduate education founded in theory and influenced by industry. We offer the most comprehensive, digitally focused online graduate programs in the world. Students choose from eight master’s specializations and four graduate certificates that offer unparalleled opportunities for professional growth and advancement. UF CJC Online’s flexible programs are demanding by design and competitive by nature. Equipped with the skills needed to move communication forward, UF CJC Online graduates are an unstoppable force for the Gator Good.
In this course, the students will collect and analyze real social media campaign data and describe the proper measurement mechanisms to utilize. The students will learn how to identify the data points that help clarify campaign effectiveness, master the proper approach for analyzing data, and determine how the outcomes from data analysis should modify an overall strategy.
Course Learning Objectives:
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Understand the definitions and nuances of social media metrics, and the role that analytics plays in campaign development
- Utilize tools such as excel to combine and manipulate data to pull out key observations
- Leverage native social data from Facebook/Instagram and Twitter to derive analysis on performance
- Derive insights to answer the why behind performance
- Develop reports and recommendations on optimizations based on social media performance
- Present deliverables and speak to questions that might arise regarding social media metrics and analytics
Basic Instructor Expectations:
- Prepare all course materials prior to the start of each semester
- Take ownership of course material and make updates to content and assignments to ensure the information is current and accurate
- Proactively engage with students throughout each week through meaningful activities that promote student academic growth
- Engage with students in a professional and respectful manner. Promote a positive learning environment
- Provide individualized, supportive and meaningful assignment feedback to further student learning
- Provide students with clear assignment expectations including directions, rubrics and samples if necessary
- Follow Quality Matters (QM) standards with all course materials and participate in the UF + QM processes
- Reply to student and staff inquiries within 48 hours
- Grade all student work within 10-days of the assignment’s due date or within 10-days of the submission date if the assignment was submitted late
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Master’s Degree strongly preferred
- Instructors should have substantive subject matter expertise in the content area of their course(s). Minimum 3 years professional experience in a directly related field. 5+ years preferred.
- Previous teaching experience at the university level is a plus. Online teaching experience preferred.
- Diversity and inclusion make our program stronger and so we seek applications and nominations from a broad spectrum of individuals, including women, veterans, persons of diverse backgrounds and persons with disabilities.
- Experience with Canvas LMS preferred.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!