Social Media Manager at Apartment Therapy
Kitchn Social Media Manager
- (Multiple states)
- Full Time
- Mid Level
Apartment Therapy Media helps people live happily and healthily in their homes. Since Maxwell Ryan founded Apartment Therapy in 2004, it has become an award-winning authority of design inspiration and real-life home solutions while Kitchn has earned its place as the go-to resource for home cooks looking to plan and prep better meals for their families. Together, the two sites reach over 650 million people every month across all platforms and have more than 100 people working in both our sunny NYC office and around the US.
The Audience Growth team is seeking a proactive, timely, passionate, creative, and analytical candidate to lead their social media team at Kitchn. The Social Media Manager will report to the Director of Audience Growth as a member of the Audience Growth team and will work closely with the social, editorial, and video teams to help execute Kitchn’s social media strategy. The Social Media Manager will be responsible for ideating, packaging, and executing the social media and social video strategy for Kitchn to increase engagement, heighten brand awareness, broaden creativity, and drive traffic back to our websites. The ideal candidate will have a data-informed approach to distribution and connecting with audiences; be familiar with both major and emerging platforms; be able to work across a number of teams and departments; is a highly creative thinker; and is able to quickly change and evolve with the digital landscape. This position is open to all remote candidates.
- Lead social media strategy for Kitchn for multiple social platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Flipboard, YouTube, and TikTok
- Pitch and lead new social media packages and franchises
- Effectively translate data into understandable and actionable insights to drive strategy
- Deliver weekly, monthly and quarterly reports to various departments on social media insights and best practices
- Work with the Social Media Strategist to help identify sellable social media packages
- Increase referral traffic to Kitchn through social media
- Work with the social, editorial, and and video departments to grow and increase all social video initiatives, including, but not limited to, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
- Work with the Kitchn editors to create content-specific posts to hit on each social media platform
- Remain informed on trends in the social and digital media industries and communicate them to the team
- Constantly work with the Audience Growth team to develop new, groundbreaking ways of engaging our audience, increasing referral traffic, and deepening our reach
- Connect and communicate with influencers, chefs, home cooks, and other guests on collaborative Instagram initiatives
- Help manage social day-to-day tasks for the Assistant Editor of Audience Growth
- 5+ years of experience in digital media or social media marketing
- In-depth knowledge of Facebook Business Manager, Instagram, Twitter, Curalate, YouTube, Flipboard
- A strong eye for content that suits different platforms
- An ability to synthesize concepts and written materials into succinct, visual content
- Insight into how social platforms operate and create engagement
- Analytically-driven to use data to create meaningful insights
- Detail-oriented in writing, communication, and organization
- A strong, distinctive voice, with an ability to engage Kitchn’s audience
- A sense of humor, with an awareness of current events, trends, and food-related topics
- Ability to balance multiple priorities, and to adjust strategy and execution in the face of new information
- Experience with Google Analytics, Omniture, or Parse.ly
- Experience in Curalate (Like2Buy), Sprout Social, Twitter Ads, Crowdtangle, Chartbeat, Photoshop
Nice to Have
- Skilled iPhone photographer / videographer
- Examples of published work
- Experience with lifestyle/food media
- Knowledge in image editing software
Compensation and Benefits:
Competitive salary (based on experience); benefits (medical, dental, vision), 401k, generous paid time off, Summer Fridays, and other perks.
Apartment Therapy Media is an equal opportunity employer that works to foster diversity and inclusion. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, gender identity, orientation, religion, parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!