Social Media Manager at Out & Equal Workplace Advocates
Title: Social Media Manager
Out & Equal Workplace Advocates is the world s premier nonprofit organization dedicated to achieving lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender workplace equality. We partner with Fortune 1000 companies and government agencies to provide executive leadership development, comprehensive training and consultation, and professional networking opportunities that build inclusive and welcoming work environments.
The Social Media Manager is responsible for planning and creating engaging social media content and awareness-to-action campaigns to increase brand awareness and positive brand interactions with and for Out & Equal while also moving the needle toward greater inclusion and equity for LGBTQ+ individuals in the workplace (and beyond). Working in a highly collaborative matrixed environment, the Social Media Manager will promote Out & Equal s mission through a variety of social media platforms, reaching a diverse range of audiences. Our Social Media Manager will be an inclusive storyteller who can weave together transformative narratives, LGBTQ+ history, and current LGBTQ+ challenges/opportunities with Out & Equal s thought leadership, inclusive programs, and strategic organizational goals in mind. This role requires a keen awareness of current events, organizational offerings and events, and has an eye for trending topics and influential voices. Reporting to the Senior Director, Public Relations & Communications, this role will also be responsible for reporting metrics and key performance indicators to continually improve social media campaigns and expand Out & Equal s social media presence.
Reports to: Senior Director, Public Relations & Communications
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with Marketing, PR & Communications, and Creative Services to produce visually appealing social media content utilizing a variety of media forms including photography, video, blogs, voice recordings, etc.
- Generate content according to strategic initiatives and ongoing deadlines while also highlighting important dates in the LGBTQ+ community, Out & Equal events, themes, narratives, and programs.
- Monitor social media for trends, analyze platform data and metrics, and report on social media performance.
- Utilize content comparison testing (such as A/B testing) to identify factors that increase engagement and improve the overall social media strategy.
- Engage with external social media users serving as the consistent voice of Out & Equal to build positive interactions and enhance brand awareness.
- Respond appropriately using Out & Equal brand voice to news stories, social/political environment, legislation, or other factors that affect the LGBTQ+ community, particularly those affecting workplace inclusion efforts.
- Customize content to the unique audience and content creation features for different social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn).
- Grow Out & Equal s social media presence through organic content, interaction, and established KPIs.
- Moderate content to create a psychologically safe virtual space by removing any user content that could be deemed inappropriate, threatening, or harmful.
- Support cross-departmental projects on both internal and external-facing initiatives
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics (KSAOs):
- Effective collaborator across teams
- Lifelong learner who is comfortable with independent and team learning environments
- Interest in and commitment to using intersectional approaches to promote Out & Equal s mission of workplace inclusion
- Detail-oriented, agile, and quality-focused
- Experience with LGBTQ+ issues and communities
- Experience handling sensitive and confidential information
- Adaptive and willing to take on a variety of new assignments
- Ability to successfully prioritize, manage, and execute multiple projects with accuracy
- Ability to produce results despite changing or ambiguous circumstances
- Applied knowledge of features, functions, and target audiences of various social media platforms
- Knowledge of social media metrics, reporting and how they are utilized across different platforms
- Experience with A/B Testing, multivariable testing, SEO, and other methods of content performance measurement
- Top-notch written communication skills with the ability to maintain a consistent voice
- Ability to use excellent judgement when responding to social media users as the voice of the company
- Excellent proofreading/editing skills
- Highly proficient in social listening and online community engagement for both internal content and external content from others in the LGBTQ+ space
- Office 365
- Proficiency in multiple social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn)
- Bachelor s degree in Communication, Media Management, Public Relations, Marketing, or related field
- 4 (four) years in social media management including content planning, creation, implementation, monitoring/reporting, and user engagement
Location: Remote, NYC or DC Based Preferred
Exemption Status: Exempt
Position Type: Full-time
Required Travel: 10%
Typical hiring range for high cost of living locations (CA/DC/NYC): $65,000-$80,000
Typical hiring range for all other locations: $55,000-$68,000
Want Access to 30,000+ More Remote and Flexible Jobs?
Part-time to full-time,
freelance to employee
More Career Fields
career coaching & more