Social Media Manager at American Public Education, Inc. - APEI
Social Media Manager (Online/Remote)
Job Category: Marketing
Requisition Number: SOCIA005317
Locations: Online / Remote
Manager, Social Media
American Public Education, Inc.
The Manager, Social Media will take a pivotal role in planning and executing both paid and organic social activations for APEI’s numerous brands. This person will support us as we grow and engage the company follower base across all key social media channels building a deeper connection between prospects, students, alums, and the company brand. They will act as a liaison between departments and work cross-functionally to reach new prospects for the company brand. They will take a key part in activating social campaigns across the full consumer journey with clear objectives and KPIs aligned to the holistic brand strategy. This role will be a great fit for someone who loves strategic social media and is excited about connecting brands to costumers.
- Plan, manage and execute social media vision to drive brand discovery and prospect engagement via social media channels and team partnerships (i.e., influencers, cross-site/omnichannel events).
- Maintain deep understanding of social media metrics and data analysis and ownership of data touchpoints.
- Manages external agencies like Hootsuite, Sprout Social, etc., and oversees campaign strategy, leading creative ideation to deliver innovative, best-in-class campaigns for customers and meets channel growth goals.
- Develops and owns multiple team KPIs for social media strategy to drive results toward our business goals over short and long-term that are reported to senior leadership.
- Provides thought leadership and guidance for social media best practices such as content publishing guidelines, KPI benchmarks, and channel growth strategies across APEI.
- Works across departments to curate the best social sharable content Academics, ambassadors, content marketing, and PR.
Business Skills Needed:
- Proven experience and demonstrated innovation in social media campaign strategy development.
- Proven experience in setting social media strategy and content direction.
- A tenacious self-starter who can serve as a strong advocate for our students and our business.
- Possess exceptional social media marketing and project management skills.
- Capable of handling multiple projects at once amidst rapidly changing priorities and comfortable dealing with ambiguity.
- Ability to be successful both as an individual contributor and in a team environment and will be able to perform at both strategic and tactical levels.
- Ability to manage a wide range of responsibilities, thrive on solving challenging problems and not afraid to challenge the status quo.
- 3 + years of relevant work experience in marketing, social media and online content development.
- Passion for social media and understanding of its business impact.
- Experience working in the education industry including a knowledge of current trends and history.
- Demonstrated success in managing social media campaigns and delivering results in a fast-paced, rapid-growth environment.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytic and quantitative skills – ability to use data to target selection with growth potential and optimize existing merchandising programs.
Online, on campus and in the workplace, we provide higher education and training to our country’s heroes military service members, veterans, nurses, government employees, and motivated professionals that want to make a difference. American Public Education, Inc. educates service-minded students, ranging from the military, public service, federal agencies, and nursing communities, through American Public University System (APUS), Hondros College of Nursing (HCON), Rasmussen University and Graduate School USA (GSUSA).
It is the policy of American Public Education, Inc. (APEI) to afford equal opportunity to all qualified persons. We treat all qualified individuals equally as to their recruitment, hiring, assignments, advancements, compensation, and all other terms and conditions of employment. American Public Education, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, or physical, mental, or sensory disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Colorado, California, Washington and NYC Pay Transparency Statement
If you are a resident of Colorado, California, Washington or New York City and this role is available remotely, you may be eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. Please send an email to email@example.com