Social Content Creator – Copywriter at Wealthsimple
Title: Social Content Creator, Copywriter
- Location: United States, Canada
- REMOTE (CANADA/US) / BUSINESS TEAMS CREATIVE / PERMANENT FULL TIME
Wealthsimple is a financial services company on a mission to help everyone achieve financial freedom by providing products and advice that are accessible and affordable. Using technology, Wealthsimple takes financial services that are often confusing, opaque and expensive and makes them simple, transparent, and low-cost.
With over 1 million people using Wealthsimple products, we are the market leader in Canada, and we’re fast growing in the US and UK. Our team is working together to build one of the most innovative fintech companies in the world and we’re looking for talented people who want to help us move fast, ship often and make a huge impact. Join us on our mission to make financial services simple and affordable for everyone.
Read our Culture Manual to learn more about us and how we work.
About this role
We’re looking for a Social Content Creator/Copywriter to define our brand voice on social. You’ll work with different disciplines within Wealthsimple from brand, communications, investment research and more to translate brand and marketing campaigns into smart content opportunities.
In this role you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Define and shape the content and voice for an entirely new product (though you’ll work on a bit of everything!) using social listening, insights and instinct to come up with new creative ideas for engaging, converting and entertaining our audience
- Be an all-around, cross-channel writing phenom, fluent in the language of the internet and pop culture at large, and be able to quickly read a trending hashtag, news story or cultural moment and identify where the brand opportunity is
- Shape brand and marketing campaigns into writing that is smart, playful and funny. You’ll work with designers to concept and write creative for social plus whatever else you’re interested in making, frankly
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 3-5 years experience in copywriting, content strategy, content creation, or any relevant experience that shows us you know how to make stuff interesting (copywriting, journalism, social, you name it!)
- You’ll need a lot of imagination and strong creative chops: we want you to find compelling ways to insert ourselves into the news flow with clever writing and smart creative. You don’t need to be a designer but you do need to understand what great design looks like, and be able to work with our creative team to bring ideas to life
- Financial expertise is not a must but you should be interested in personal finance and investing (because you’ll be writing about it a lot), and able to talk about sometimes complex topics in accessible, simple language
- The internet moves quickly (and we move pretty fast too), so you’ll need to take the lead on content direction and bring forward opportunities as you see them. You should be comfortable in a fast-paced, startup environment
- An openness for others to critique your work, the ability to collaborate across different disciplines and the self-awareness to tweak what’s working and what’s not
At Wealthsimple, we embrace difference. We believe that getting to the best outcomes requires diverse perspectives and backgrounds. We create space where all voices can be heard so that we can all do our life’s best work. We’re committed to openness, curiosity and creating an inclusive culture as we know that diverse teams build better products and generate better ideas. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Wealthsimple provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!