Simulation Specialist at Mursion
Fluent in French Simulation Specialist
- San Francisco, California or Remote, US
Who We Are:
Founded in 2015, Mursion is a technology-driven, multi-disciplinary startup creating cutting edge virtual reality simulations. Our simulations are used globally by professionals across multiple industries to practice and master the complex interpersonal skills necessary to be effective in high-stakes professions. Mursion promotes a unique culture where individuals are able to be adventurous in the pursuit of improving human interactions. Ideal candidates at Mursion are team-players, comfortable working across remote teams and distributed environments, and invested in the idea that high impact learning experiences can be both powerful and playful.
Who We Want:
We seek talented people from diverse backgrounds and experiences, who are inspired by our mission to leverage virtual reality technology to reinvent professional learning, and who are motivated to help Mursion become the premier global platform for virtual simulation training for behavioral skills. We value empathy, curiosity, and constant improvement both in our internal operations and when working with partners and clients. Our employees are most successful when they employ strong collaboration skills, skilled communications, a problem-solving orientation, and demonstrate comfort in an evolving and fast-paced startup environment.
We are currently seeking Simulation Specialists to puppeteer digital avatars while performing scenarios for Mursion’s various clients. The ideal candidate will have a background in acting and improvisation performance. This person should also be comfortable with ever evolving technology.
This position is a part-time, hourly position reporting to the Director of Simulations. Remote candidates will be considered.
- Deliver simulations for a variety of clients
- Prepare and train to deliver specific scenario objectives
- Rehearse and maintain specific vocal profiles
- Communicate professionally and manage schedule
- Facilitate reflection and debrief with diverse learner populations, maintaining standards and objectives of various client goals
- Able to deliver all of these requirements in both English and French
- 5 years of professional acting or improv experience.
- Ability to play a variety of characters of different age ranges, backgrounds, and personalities.
- A mastery of their actor’s instrument: voice, body, and imagination
- Experience with gaming technology (not required, but a plus)
- The capacity to both understand and honestly portray diverse psychological profiles
Compensation and perks:
- Salary commensurate with experience. For full-time employees, Mursion offers competitive benefits, which include full medical, dental, and vision insurance, a 401k matching program, paid holidays, and unlimited PTO.
- Collaborate with a unique blend of employees ranging from 3D artists, software developers, operations, sales, and finance teams to actors who deliver interactive, highly immersive simulations.
- Be at the forefront of reinventing learning for the future workforce.
Mursion is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people of color, womxn, persons with disabilities, and the LGBTQIA+ community.
We cultivate empathy
Empathy is at the core of all we do. We make time to communicate and listen before we take action. We make decisions based on reasoned analysis and authentic care for the aspirations of our partners and colleagues.
We lead with curiosity to create lightbulb moments
Our team is strengthened by having the courage to thoughtfully ask difficult questions. We are results-oriented innovators who create dynamic solutions to complex problems by encouraging transparency, creativity, and iteration. We are energized by thought-provoking conversations and the diverse perspectives of our partners and peers.
We strive to raise the bar
We see ourselves as trailblazers in simulation. Our learning theory is grounded in research and we demand empirical evidence before concluding our efforts have been successful. We always look for ways to improve. We recognize we live in an imperfect world and we embrace our responsibility to promote shared understanding and elevate humankind.
We have the courage to be human
We are a fun-loving, driven team of developers, artists, entrepreneurs, operational masterminds, and technologists dedicated to the proposition that learning experiences can be powerful and playful. We recognize that we are more than a business; we are a community of unique individuals with a collective focus to improve human interactions through practice. It is through our humanity that we create better products and learning experiences for our partners.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!