Shopping Writer at HuffPost
Title: Shopping Writer, HuffPost
HuffPost is a subsidiary of BuzzFeed, Inc.
As part of our esteemed news organization, HuffPost is a leading source of award-winning news and commentary for the most diverse and connected generation ever with reporting spanning across politics, lifestyle, entertainment and more. HuffPost believes in putting people before power and telling the stories that too often go unheard, from the voices that matter.
Business Area: The HuffPost
Job Category: News
Salary: $75,000 – $79,000 USD
Union Status: Union
This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement between HuffPost and Writers Guild of America, East
BuzzFeed Inc. is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. We reserve the ability to adjust the final compensation for this role based on the final candidate’s experience, skillset, certifications, and geography.
HuffPost is seeking a Shopping Writer. HuffPost Shopping’s mission is to provide a service to our audience by carefully curating shopping content, ultimately minimizing the work readers need to do to find products and services that will help them lead better lives. Our readers are smart, educated consumers who want to put their hard-earned money to good use (while having fun, too). We use expert sourcing, trustworthy reviews, smart reporting, brand discovery and data analytics. Our goal is to turn HuffPost into a shopping destination people return to regularly, because we’ve established trust with our readers through our devotion to quality, authenticity and diversity. We strive to combine spot-on product curation with an entertaining and informative writing style and trustworthy recommendations, so even if the products aren’t right for a reader, they can click away feeling like their time was well-spent.
A Shopping Writer on our team should be an experienced and conversational writer and editor with proven skill in consumer- and shopping-related or other lifestyle content.
- Writing shareable, unique shopping stories as well as SEO-friendly shopping guides and reviews.
- Researching products in various categories and price points that are of interest to the HuffPost audience.
- Tracking and analyzing posts’ site traffic and affiliate analytics in order to strategically pitch new ideas
- Staying on top of current news, trends and sales to pitch and write timely stories that readers are interested in at that very moment.
- Previous shopping / eCommerce writing experience OR equivalent experience with other kinds of service journalism
- Previous experience with affiliate data and networks a plus
- Strong knowledge and interest in all or most of the following areas: Food/drink, style, beauty, wellness, fitness, tech, health, work/life, travel, home, pets and parenting
- Experience with or ability to learn online photo editing software
- Attention to detail a must!
- Genuine love for the internet and online shopping
- Willingness to analyze and reach the HuffPost audience
- Must be available to work major sale holidays/tentpoles (including but not limited to Black Friday/Cyber Monday, Amazon Prime Day, etc)
About BuzzFeed, Inc.
BuzzFeed, Inc. is the world’s leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news and entertainment network. The company produces articles, lists, quizzes, videos, and original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News and HuffPost; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
Life at BuzzFeed, Inc.
We celebrate inclusion and are committed to equal opportunity employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
You can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning at BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options.
- A generous benefits program featuring paid time off, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
We want all employees to feel safe and comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health and safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed, Inc. offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) and open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, KY, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, and WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, and VT.
Browse Related Categories:
Want Access to 30,000+ More Remote and Flexible Jobs?
Part-time to full-time,
freelance to employee
More Career Fields
career coaching & more