SharePoint Solutions Architect- 508 Compliance Subject Matter Expert at Newberry Group
Title: SharePoint Solutions Architect/508 Compliance SME
- Location: Kansas City, MO or Remote, United States
Who We Are
Today s leading government agencies and public organizations are putting their trust in Newberry Group, and for good reason. As one of the few employee-owned IT firms in the United States, the strength of our cybersecurity offering is a direct reflection of our employee owners.
- We bring clients results through proven solutions.
- We are recognized experts in cybersecurity.
- We are motivated to create Cyber strength from the inside out with every employee and client.
- We bring ethical behavior, professional excellence, and uncompromised integrity to achieve client, individual, and corporate goals.
Newberry Group is a nationwide IT company providing government and management consulting, in addition to commercial IT managed services and support.
This role receives assignments directly from the USDA Technical Services Division (TSD) Operations Analyst and reports directly to the Newberry Team Lead/Program Manager for USDA. The position is integral to our success at USDA and providing our client with the most organized and professional team members to meet their expectations.
This position is 100% remote and will be working with teams in various time zones across the United States.
Salary $100,000 to $110,000
Responsibilities and Duties
- Evaluate existing SharePoint sites and current presence, recommending and implementing improvements in alignment with organizational needs and best practices.
- Coordinate efforts within USDA SharePoint teams, management, communication and service management, technical writing specialists, as well as multiple teams and individuals across the organization to deliver a holistic communication and content delivery approach.
- Provide SharePoint administration functions including, but not limited to SP site and page creation, enhancement, maintenance, permissions, and content delivery.
- Maintain and update SharePoint sites for a variety of audiences to support needs, organizational changes, efforts, and strategic direction.
- Develop best practices for SharePoint content and presence incorporating into a strategic approach and in coordination with existing teams managing the content and sites.
- Evaluates practices, recommends and implements improvements to streamline communications and content delivery to a variety of audiences in a sustainable method for the future factoring in non-dedicated resources for SharePoint support.
- Support in the preparation of status reports, meeting minutes, hosting of meetings, creating meeting agendas and technical program presentations for upper-level management and sponsors.
- Migrate existing web content from old to new templates and implements template upgrades, and deploy new sites using current template, including configuration of associated files (navigation, heater, footer, etc.).
- Perform cross-browser testing and follows all internal approval and clearance processes before posting pages.
- Know and continue to keep up-to-date on Section 508 accessibility requirements and ensures all web pages and web files are compliant, and offer suggestions on information architecture, user experience, search engine optimization, 508 compliance, and use of graphics, mobile optimization, and other web best practices.
- Attend web team meetings, provides valuable input; and maintains strong, positive interoffice and client relations.
- Use MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and WinZip software to format and store files as needed.
Basic Qualifications and Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) in a related field of work or equivalent work experience. Requires technical and business knowledge in multiple disciplines/processes. Possesses 7 years of relevant work experience.
- Strong experience with Microsoft products including O365, SharePoint, Windows Server and SQL Server.
- 5+ years SharePoint Front-end experience.
- In depth knowledge and understanding of SharePoint Online features and best practices.
- Strong User Interface Design skills.
- Experience visioning, planning and building SharePoint solutions.
- Strong comprehension skills for understanding needs and developing and applying solutions.
- Prior experience in process mapping and re-engineering activities.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to identify, initiate, manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- SharePoint certification.
- Technical communication skills with conversion to business brief and executive brief materials.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills for interacting with team members and clients at the highest executive level.
Benefits and Perks
In addition to competitive wages, Newberry Group offers an outstanding benefit package. This includes medical coverage with two plan options (HDHP or PPO), dental and vision coverage, personal time off, paid holidays, telecommuting if available, retirement savings accounts (Pre Tax and Roth), Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), flexible and dependent care savings accounts, life insurance, long and short-term disability coverage, tuition and training reimbursement, employee assistance program, and a generous rewards based wellness program.
The Newberry Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO/AA/Disability/Veterans.
Powered by JazzHR
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!