SEO Content Editor
We are BKA Content, and we pride ourselves on being an actual content provider, not just an automated content broker. Our goal is to become a trusted content extension of all businesses, and we need your help! We have several positions available for qualified freelance SEO Content Editors. These positions involve editing high-quality, original content centered on a variety of different search terms, topics, and keywords provided by our clients. The content is typically used to give clients increased internet exposure through higher search engine rankings on the web. We’re looking for editors to join our team and help us edit the following:
- SEO articles
- Basic and branded blog posts
- Legal blog posts
- Job descriptions
- Resumes and CVs
- Web pages
- Press releases
- Product/category descriptions
By joining our talented team of editors, you can expect the following benefits:
- Choose which articles you want to edit from our list of available options.
- Work from virtually any location.
- Get paid for each article you edit.
- Set your own schedule (as long as the edited articles are submitted by their due dates).
- Expand your knowledge on a variety of unique and interesting topics.
- Join our team of fun, talented and enthusiastic editors!
You’ll be paid per edit, and most of our freelance editors average $12 – $18 dollars an hour, depending on their skill level/speed. There is no cap on how much you can edit, but we are looking for individuals who can work at least 15 hrs./week. If you can work more than that, great! If you enjoy editing, having a flexible schedule and working from home, this is the job for you!
Opportunities may also include hourly work at $15-16/hr. helping the hiring manager assess applicants and train new hires for our writing teams.
- Must have Microsoft Word
- Must have access to the internet
- Must have a Gmail address (by time of hire)
- Must be able to edit for approximately 15 hours per week; however, there are ample opportunities for those who want to work even more.
- Must have a PayPal account (all payments are done this way).
- Must have a firm grasp of English grammar, punctuation and spelling
- Must be at a college writing level
- Must be able to meet deadlines
- Must be honest, self-motivated and dependable
- Must have a high attention to detail.
- Knowledge of AP style is a plus.
How to Apply:
The first step in the application process is a quiz that will test some basic principles of punctuation and grammar. There are 22 questions in this exam, and it has a time limit of 20 minutes. You can access the quiz by visiting https://application.bkacontent.com/become-an-editor/. If you pass, be prepared to edit a sample as part of the application process.
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to email our hiring manager, Amber, at email@example.com.