Senior UX Designer at Expero
Senior UX Designer
- Full time
We bring challenging product ideas to reality. Expero builds software exclusively for domain-experts like scientists, traders, engineers, and other sophisticated users. We innovate to build products that other people say can’t be done and treasure the opportunity to work with people pushing the boundaries of their domain.
We’re seeking people who share our enthusiasm for tackling tough, complex problems to join our team. If you enjoy working on challenging ideas, we’d love to hear from you!
Our Senior UX Role
User experience designers are key members of our multi-discipline product teams. As a senior member of a product team, you will drive the vision and design of the user experience from conception through release. You will interact closely with clients, users, product managers, user researchers, architects, developers and other experts. Our designers wear many important hats that can include assisting with requirements discovery, testing design ideas with users, visual design, prototyping and depending on your experience level Virtual CDO. There is abundant opportunity to flex your design chops through traditional click-through prototypes (e.g., Invision, etc.) or for the more technically inclined data-driven prototypes along side our data scientists and graph data specialists.
If you enjoy a challenge buckle up! We’re working on products in some of the most cutting edge fields of UX including machine learning, data science, data visualization, conversational UIs, large screen touch and of course mobile and responsive web apps. Our work brings opportunity to always discover something new building products across a multitude of industries including Biotech, Fintech, Healthcare, Oil & Gas, Real Estate, Semiconductor, Cloud Computing, Transportation, Construction, Gaming and Government.
- Design user experiences from the ground up for new products or improve existing products
- Create consistent, scalable design systems based on design patterns and UI frameworks.
- Prototype design ideas in low and high fidelity
- Collaborate with User Researchers, Developers, Product Managers and other Designers
- Present designs and other UX-related topics to clients and stakeholders
- Incorporate feedback from user testing and stakeholders into designs
- Participate in Agile product development process as a member of a multi-discipline team
- Occasional travel (NOTE: Right now all work is remote due to pandemic)
- Must be able to work in the United States for the foreseeable future
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience delivering user experiences for software
- Demonstrated success in delivering high-quality user experiences for complex, data-rich software applications.
- Depth and experience in using Sketch, Figma, Invision, Axure or other tools for prototyping.
- Experience with HTML, CSS, JS a plus
- Experience as part of an Agile team a plus
- Experience with data visualization a plus
- BS/MS In Human-Computer Interaction or Design-related field preferred. Any candidate with the right experience will be considered.
- Residing in AUSTIN or HOUSTON a plus, candidates in other locations will also be considered.
We get better work done for our clients when all our employees are paid well and have excellent benefits, including group health, dental, and life insurance, family leave, and a retirement plan. So that’s the way we do it.
Expero is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. Our focus is solving challenging problems, not where you came from or how you live your life. We are an E-Verify workplace.
REQUIRED OF ALL CANDIDATES
As part of your submission, we’d like to see recent work examples. If you can’t share your work no problem, some of our best projects can’t be shared either. We will provide a take home design exercise for you to complete.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!