Senior UX Designer at Minted
Minted, Senior UX Designer
Minted is seeking a Senior UX Designer to join the multidisciplinary UX team responsible for our digital experience across web and app. The UX team partners extensively with Product, Engineering, Merchandising, Product Marketing, Brand and Creative teams to support the Product organization’s roadmap and define Minted’s future capabilities. We approach each project as an opportunity to exceed our customer and artist expectations—designing the right experiences, at the right time, the right way.
- Maintain an active and evolving connection to the needs of our customers and artists
- Advocate for new or enhanced features and functionality across the breadth of the user journey
- Lead with “How Might We,” defaulting to curiosity and teaching junior designers to do the same
- Build trust and influence for the UX team throughout the organization by helping leaders make great decisions
- Advocate for the solutions you believe in with passion, rigor, and pride
- Collaborate smartly and generously with partners, both owning your expertise and soliciting feedback
- Operate within a lean/agile development process that allows us to launch and learn quickly
- Experienced in translating desktop designs to mobile and vice versa
- Aware of the important tradeoffs to consider in various responsive design scenarios
- An expert communicator with experience building stakeholder alignment, outlining tradeoffs, and connecting decisions to research and company goals
- Experienced in balancing multiple projects at various stages of the development process
- Equally at home executing tactical work or contributing to strategy
- Confidence in the quality of your craft and your ability to execute
- Well-honed instincts for how to set users up for success in different contexts
- A habit of looking for the bigger picture, building a vision for how each UX project feeds into the larger user journey
- An appreciation for art and design, recognizing their ability to enrich lives
- Experience leading mobile-first and responsive design is a plus
- Experience in e-commerce or double-sided marketplaces is a plus
Minted is a design platform bringing the best in independent design to consumers everywhere. The company’s art, stationery, and textiles products have reached over 75 million homes worldwide.
Minted uses technology to bring unique, best-selling design to market at scale. Using its crowdsourcing technology, consumers are empowered to vote for the designs they love and want to see sold, ensuring that Minted always sells continuously fresh and trend-forward product. The winning designs are manufactured by Minted, enabling artists from around the world to share and sell their work while letting Minted do the rest. Since launch in 2007, the company has expanded to serve consumers in new categories including wall art, textiles, digital content and home decor, as well as serve major retailers and consumer products brands with data-backed design through licensing and wholesale partnerships.
Minted is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and currently employs 350+ full-time employees plus additional temporary workers during the holiday season. The company has raised over $300M from top-tier investors including Benchmark Capital, T. Rowe Price, Permira, Ridge Ventures, Technology Crossover Ventures, and Norwest Venture Partners. Angel investors include Marissa Mayer, Jeremy Stoppelman, Julia & Kevin Hartz, Yishan Wong, and more.
Minted is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to inclusion and diversity. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and will consider all qualified applicants for employment in accordance with all state, local, and federal laws.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!