Senior UX and UI Designer at Stream
Title: Senior UX and UI Designer
- Location: Boulder, CO or Remote, US
We are seeking a Senior UI/UX Designer to create, maintain, and enhance the user experience for our cloud components. This is a full-time position in Boulder or remote (in the US).
What You Will Do
This is a highly autonomous role with endless opportunities to impact our customers and company through your innate curiosity and tremendous skill set. On a daily basis, you will collaborate with various team members to create an incredible digital experience that reaches millions of users across various apps and verticals.
- Primarily work on improving the Stream Dashboard and onboarding experiences
- Fun side projects demonstrating unique implementations of our APIs
- Execute at every stage of the design lifecycle from ideation to delivery and then iteration
- Innovate: significantly improve user experience across an unbranded experience; strong contributor of fresh thinking for problem-solving or process improvements
- Continually benchmark on the top activity feeds and chat apps
- Cunningly devise non-obvious solutions based on observations
- Gather input from customers who have implemented our components and iterate the UI/UX based on innovative ideas or concepts revealed
- Effortlessly blend visual design with robust comprehensive and detailed user experience
- Work with the other designers at Stream to build a culture of innovation, excellence, and collaboration
Who You Are
You are detail-oriented, mindful of deadlines and you have a high sense of responsibility.
At Stream, we strive to provide the best possible product and service to our clients, and we expect the same from you! As a member of the team, you must be excited to grow with Stream. At our core, we are a startup – you should be able to act quickly, thrive in uncertainty, and love pivoting to new technologies.
- 6+ years of experience as a UI/UX designer
- Contributed/lead implementation of design systems
- Owned all aspects of digital design and product development at some point in your career
- Proven you are self-sufficient and self-motivated
- Built a robust portfolio of mobile/web/desktop applications that you’ve participated in crafting
- Built or contributed to design systems
- Proven that simple prototypes are an essential part of the design
- Proven that you enjoy working with engineers to ship incredible products
- Startup experience and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Who We Are
Stream has a casual, social, and playful culture. We are talented, highly technical, and collaborative which makes Stream a great place to learn and improve your skills. Our team is forward-thinking and diverse and we all have different backgrounds which lend to our creativity and innovation. With offices in Boulder and Amsterdam, our employees represent 15 countries, 11 languages, and counting.
Our team is passionate about tackling difficult tech problems at scale by creating reusable components that allow product owners to ship apps faster, more securely, and with a better user experience. Our culture is oriented towards ownership and quality; Our goal is to produce deliverable software.
What’s In It For You (US Only)
- 3+ weeks of paid time off plus 10 paid holidays
- 401k contribution plan
- Free health insurance for the employee and a discounted rate for dependents
- 100% paid parental leave
- Company equity
- Dog friendly office!
- Be part of a smart, high performing, passionate team
- A Macbook Pro and a work-from-home stipend
- Team lunches and plenty of snacks (onsite only)
- An office on Pearl Street in downtown Boulder
- The possibility to visit our office in Amsterdam
Salary (for Colorado only): Our salary ranges are based on national averages. We have wide ranges so we can be flexible and determine compensation based on a number of factors including the candidate’s skills, level of experience, and location. The salary range for this position is $90,000 – $120,000.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!