Senior User Experience Designer at SAP
Title: Senior User Experience Designer
Location: New York, NY, US, 10001
In the SAP.iO Venture Studio, we’re transforming the way SAP builds new businesses. We identify promising talent and ideas, invest between $750K and $2.5M in seed-stage capital, and scale the ventures over time.
You would be joining the SAP.iO team as UX designer for RE: COMMERCE BY SAP, a newly funded venture addressing sustainability in fashion. We are motivated by the vision to accelerate our customers’ transition from linear to circular business models. We know that consumers already participate in the secondhand market, and they expect companies to rethink opportunities to expand products’ lifecycle.
RE: COMMERCE BY SAP set out on a mission to power new models of ownership in the circular economy, starting with enabling re-sell of pre-owned products. Our customers need an end-to-end solution so that they can take back, manage and re-sell items as well as track key performance indicators. And the longer the products are in use, the longer they stay away from landfills.
In this role, you will be able to co-define and design the future of SAP’s new product within an agile, interdisciplinary, and international environment.
In addition to your resume, please include a link to your portfolio or work samples.
This is your opportunity to join the most exciting and fashionable new venture at SAP!
- Lead the end-to-end User Experience Design activities for your assigned features from vision to implementation
- Actively own and contribute to visioning and requirements engineering activities for your features, focused on meeting the KPIs defined for your feature, the overall product KPIs and usability metrics.
- Convert and communicate user needs via design artifacts like user flows, storyboards, wireframes, prototypes, and UI specifications
- Develop and maintain a roadmap for your assigned features that balance user needs, technical effort, and business impact
- Closely collaborate with our advisors and cross-functional teams (Commerce, Industry Cloud, Consumer Industries) to ensure that User Experience expectations are met
- Strongly collaborate with business process owners, technical product owners, software developers, and other stakeholders
- Act as a mentor to junior designers and interns
- Work in a diverse and global team
MINDSET & COMPETENCIES
- You question things and come up with ideas outside of the traditional SAP framework. Our team is on a never-ending quest to innovate, improve, and we LOVE trying things that might lead to a better outcome
- Your approach to decision-making is outcome-oriented. We don’t just add features because someone asks for them, we prioritize and engineer UX solutions based on mechanics we believe will make a re-commerce solution work.
- You execute. We are a small team building new things and this job is a hands-on role.
- You demonstrate servant-leadership. It will be your job to help others, not “tell” others.
- You rally others around your cause. We are a startup organization inside of a matrixed company. You cannot get things done by yourself.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years of experience in the User Experience Design field, with progressive growth in responsibilities represented in a digital portfolio
- Degree in the design-related field or equivalent experience
- Experience with responsive design
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Excellent English language skills
- Proficient in or able to quickly become proficient in the following tools: Figma, Sketch, Photoshop, Zeplin, InVision and Mural
- MBA or Masters in Visual or Information Design
- Experience working on a digital marketplace, large ecommerce site or supply chain solution
- Experience with merchandising
- Experience with dashboards (reporting and analytics)
- Experience with A/B & multi-variate testing
- Experience with HTML/CSS/JS
- Experience evolving design systems & standards
New York City is the preferred location for this role.
Full-time remote is possible for the right candidate, but the candidate must be willing to adhere to the Eastern time zone for working hours. Additional Locations: Virtual – USA
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!