Senior Transportation Analyst at Rite Aid
Senior Transportation Analyst Remote Capable
- Locations: United States
- Categories: Corporate Supply Chain / Logistics
- Req ID: 132756
EDUCATIONAL, CERTIFICATE and LICENSE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Arts/Sciences (BA/BS) Supply Chain, Logistics or Business Management required.
EXPERIENCE, SKILL and ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
- 3 years working with transportation providers analyzing transportation rates required
- Familiarity administrating a TMS (Oracle, Red Prarie, JDA, etc), strong preference for Manhattan experience
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
The primary purpose of this position is to rationalize transportation mode, optimize transportation spend and analyze opportunities to ensure freight expenditures are in line with fiscal budgets. The ideal candidate will be forward-thinking and embraces change readily with a focus on LEAN development and evolution. Frequent independent judgments are essential. The incumbent is also required to perform all tasks in observance of Rite Aid’s brand and strategy and adhere to our core values and service attributes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The associate is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
- Analyze Rite Aid controlled freight performance and make recommendations for process changes that will increase transportation efficiencies
- Negotiate transportation rates with suppliers and transportation providers to guarantee the best available rate for Rite Aid
- Ensure Rite Aid Fleet rates are active and maintained within the transportation management system and provide to internal and external partners for updates
- Analyze and assess current carrier capacity, determine current and future needs, and negotiate with carriers to increase capacity and/or ensure competitive coverage on current and future lanes
- Analyze allowances to ensure cost neutral on freight spend
- Meet with suppliers and transportation providers to identify opportunities, improve current processes, and resolve issues with merchandise flow, efficiency, and expense reduction
- Act as a mentor to Analyst, Transportation
- Act as project lead on Transportation strategic initiatives
This position directly supervises Analyst, Transportation, and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Rite Aid policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training, directing, rewarding, and disciplining associates; appraising associate performance; and resolving complaints
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!