Senior Test Automation Software Engineer
Dallas HQ, Indianapolis HQ, Remote HQ
We are Givelify, where fintech meets philanthropy. We help people instantly find causes that inspire them to action so they can change the worldone simple, joyful gift at a time.
From places of worship to world-changing nonprofit groups, Givelify harnesses the power of technology to bridge the gap between people and the causes they are most committed to supporting.
Beyond apps and interfaces, Givelify is designed to make the experience of giving as beautiful as the act of giving.
We are an ethnically and culturally diverse team of scrappy and professional, passionate people, dedicated to the mission of designing beautiful products that celebrate the joyous act of giving. As a company we value teamwork, open communication, transparency, and a great work ethic. We support our team by promoting flexibility and encouraging life-long learning and professional development opportunities. We are intrinsically motivated by remaining true to our company values, setting and exceeding audacious goals, and staying energetic about our team and our products.
What we’re looking for:
A Senior Test Automation Engineer with a take no prisoners attitude to join our team.
Why is Engineering at Givelify Different?
- Moonshots are our norm.
- Our product impacts real people on the ground.
- We build with passion.
- High standard of engineering quality.
- Solve unique scalability challenges.
- Lead/collaborate on improving developer and engineering team’s test coverage, release velocity and production health
- Work closely with development teams in instrumenting their workflow to build a comprehensive picture of velocity, coverage and quality
- Track and document all testing defects and resolutions
- Hands-on ability to automate repeated tasks and , test coverage through existing or new infrastructure
- Write code/scripts to test systems, implementing test harnesses and infrastructure as necessary
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 5 years of relevant work experience, including development and/or test automation experience
- Coding experience in PHP, Java, C/C++ or Python
- Strong root cause analysis skills
- Familiarity with relational databases such as MySQL, Oracle and SQL Server
- Extensive knowledge of Unix/Linux environments
- Deep knowledge of test methodologies, writing test plans, creating test cases and debugging
Benefits and Perks
We’re not a factory, and you’re not a machine. We’ll work with you to make sure your work and life are balanced.
Paid holidays and travel expenses
Everyone needs time off. We offer a generous PTO and holiday schedule. Traveling for work? We’ve got you covered with paid room, board, and transportation.
Getting around downtown and parking are a pain. We provide our Indy staff with paid monthly parking in a nearby lot so you don’t bear the burden yourself, and our Dallas team with a commute stipend that takes the hassle out of getting to the office.
Group health coverage
Your wellbeing matters to us. You can participate in our group health coverage including medical, dental, and vision with a generous contribution from the company.
Our offices are in the hearts of downtown Indianapolis and Dallas, are easily accessible from the highways and feature bike sharing stations within a brief walking distance. Need to drive? Take an electric BlueIndy car in Indianapolis or a Zipcar in Dallas.
We all love our jobs, but sometimes everyone gets the Monday Blues. That’s why we get breakfast delivered every Monday morning to get the week off to a good start.
Company-sponsored life insurance
We care about your future, both with Givelify and with those who matter most to you. We’re proud to offer a company-sponsored group life insurance policy to each of our employees.
Monthly tech stipend
Because we’re a technology company (and use our phones all the time), we provide a monthly allowance to help cover the cost of tech and services such as mobile phones and data packages.