Senior Technical Writer-Editor at TISTA Science and Technology
Title: Senior Technical Writer-Editor
Location: United States
Are you a Senior Technical Writer/Editor that would like to be part of delivering initiatives for digitization, automation, modernization, infrastructure, security, and interoperability of systems and processes to provide Veterans and their families the most efficient and timely service and benefits resulting in a positive impact for millions of people? If so, we may have an opportunity for you!
- Distills technical information with ease and clarity. Manage content on SharePoint sites and other online resources. Writes and edits procedural documentation such as user guides, SOP’s, and manuals
- Determine the type of publication that will best serve the project requirement
- Meet with SME’s, Program Manager, and Project Managers to learn about specific products or processes.
- Research product samples to fully understand product
- Assess the audience needs for whom the technical and procedural documentation is intended; adjusts tone and technical terms used to meet those needs and to ensure understanding
- Plan writing process and sets timelines and deadlines.
- Create and work with graphic designers to create diagrams, charts, and other visual aids to assist readers in understanding a product or process. Gathers feedback from customers, designers, and SME’s to improve technical document
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Experience with documentation tools such as Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, diagram creation tools, project schedule software, Microsoft SharePoint. Ability to support project documentations
- Experience creating project documents including project installation, modification, administration support guide. Must be experienced wordsmith and the ability to translate technical documents
- Experienced writing administrative support guide, troubleshooting guide, user/analyst guide, physical and logical layer diagrams, and other necessary project documentation
- Experienced with digital publishing to SharePoint
- Preferred Experience:
- Experience with SharePoint (how to create and manage the content), and web design
- Experience with Visio
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat
- Experience with Streams – to edit transcripts
- Light graphic knowledge (working with Gimp or similar software)
- Bachelor’s Degree In Engineering, Computer Science, Systems, Business or related scientific/Technical discipline 10+ years work experience
- The ability to pass a Tier 2/Modest Background Investigation
- Remote, USA.
- Monday – Friday (7:00 AM – 3:30 PM CST Time)