Senior Technical Writer at Splash
Title: Senior Technical Writer
Location: US or Canada (EST Timezone)
Splash’s mission is to develop the most innovative event technology to help marketers reach and engage their target audiences. From simplifying event creation to capturing attendee insights and measuring event impact, Splash enables teams to efficiently scale event programs and connect event-driven engagement to business results. More than half of the Fortune 500 use Splash to streamline event marketing execution and optimize performance.
What we’re looking for
We are looking for an experienced Senior Technical Writer who will work to build a bridge between the Splash Product and Engineering teams and our users. The successful candidate has experience distilling complex concepts into understandable, manageable tasks appropriate for diverse audiences. You are motivated to present users with that lightbulb moment that relates an abstract concept to tangible action.
The candidate is able to attain a solid understanding of our users’ needs (both internal and our customers) and create the content to help them best leverage Splash to deliver amazing results. Experience with analysis of usage data and user feedback is valuable. The responsibilities of the role will evolve over time as the company and team grow and mature.
In this role, you’ll get to
- Research, write and edit a high volume of internal and external-facing materials.
- Collaborate with Product, Engineering, Marketing, and others across the organization to obtain an in-depth functional understanding.
- Manage projects, priorities, and deadlines independently while actively participating as a team member.
- Communicate, verbally and in writing, with project stakeholders and management
- Contribute to structuring and implementing departmental procedures and workflows, ultimately helping shape the future of the Splash Technical Writing department.
On your first day, we’ll expect you to have
- 5+ years of writing technical materials for varied audiences from end-users to developers
- Flexible voice, able to cover formal to conversational tones while also respecting brand voice
- The ability to work cross-functionally with an internationally distributed team
- Experience managing projects, priorities, and objectives
- Experience collaborating and structuring content with stakeholders
- Comfortable working within template and style guide parameters
- Experience with authoring tools
- Keen and modern design esthetic
Not a deal breaker, but it’d be great if you had
- Experience editing content from a variety of sources
- Ability to define and implement processes and workflows
- Knowledge of API documentation (Postman)
- Familiarity with Atlassian Confluence and Jira, Google Suite, Zendesk, Salesforce Service Cloud
- Writing samples highlighting the desired skills and experience
What we offer and other fun stuff!
We’re taking a new and improved approach to compensation and the way we #takecare of our Splashers. An approach that makes a lot more sense in this remote world we live in and looking toward the future of work. You can read more here. In a nutshell, we offer
- Competitive base salary and stock options. Our success is your success
- Great healthcare benefits with paid coverage for you and your family
- Unlimited vacation days, with Splash-specific days off and 2 extra Mental Escape (M.E.) days per month to unplug from work
- Remote first organization
- A bunch of other great perks/benefits that would make this description too long if we included it
It doesn’t stop there! Although we’re a remote company, we understand the importance of in-person connection. We have a yearly company offsite in New York (pending it being safe health-wise) and fun virtual events with the rest of your team and the company (IRL too when it’s safe!).
If you’re interested in joining the team, apply below and you can expect to hear from us soon Please give us at least 2 weeks to get back to you. We promise we’re not ignoring you, playing Pokemon all day, or listening to the new J. Cole album on repeat (even though it’s ). It just takes a little TLC to go through all the applications and see if there’s a possible fit for you here.
Salary commensurate with experience.
At Splash, we believe that big ideas and great communities come from a team that celebrates diversity of all kinds. We are committed to being an equal opportunity workplace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
*We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for employment with Splash, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, 8 personal records, 9 commercial information, 10 professional or employment information, 11 non-public education records 12 and inferences drawn from your PI. 1314 We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services and operations related to your potential employment. For additional details or if you have questions, contact us at [privacy@Splash.com].