Senior Specialist – Health Information Management at Mayo Clinic
Senior Specialist – Health Information Management
Department: Health Information Management Services
This is a telework position and could be located anywhere on Mayo’s enterprise.
- Supports patient safety and quality care by being knowledge experts of the health care record achieved through quality documentation, integrity of the EHR, timely and accessible health information, regulatory compliance.
- Coordinates and maintains the flow and content of patient health information in both paper and electronic formats.
- Analyzes patient information to ensure compliance with standards established by Federal/State & Joint Commission & CMS regulations.
- Coordinates with clinicians to ensure documentation contains all required elements and is completed in a timely manner.
- Adheres to, and helps develop, institutional policies regarding health care documentation.
- Utilizes independent analytical and critical thinking skills. Works independently and collaboratively across the enterprise with minimal supervision.
- Adheres to guidelines with regard to accessing the minimum necessary information to complete job function.
- Adheres to state and federal rules regarding privacy and confidentiality of protected health information.
- Leverages technology to serve the patients and practice. Assists in developing and training HIMS operational teams.
- Professionally communicates through all electronic, written, and verbal methods.
- Ensures great customer service while assisting patients, care providers, allied health staff, attorneys, insurance companies, government audits, and others in a courteous, professional and confidential manner.
- Associate’s degree in Health Information Technology.
- Health Information Technician (HIT) program students actively completing the last semester of the program will be considered; successful completion of HIT program required within 6 months of employment for continued employment.
- RHIT or RHIA certification required.
- Demonstrated understanding of Joint Commission standards, State Regulations, and CMS requirements.
- Must possess knowledge of medical records format and content with the ability to perform work in a fast paced, constant change, production environment with a focus on quality.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills and be able to clearly, concisely and professionally communicate verbally and in written forms.
- Demonstrated ability to maneuver in multi technology environment and demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) applications.
- Keyboarding skills required with intermediate typing/keyboard/computer skills.
- Versed in government regulatory and legal healthcare requirements to protect the patient and organization.
- Demonstrated medical terminology knowledge and basic project management skills.
License or certification
- RHIT or RHIA certification required.
- Education, experience and tenure may be considered along with internal equity when job offers are extended. The minimum pay rate is $20.39 per hour.
Schedule: Full Time
Hours / Pay period: 80
Schedule details: 8 am – 4:30 pm M-F
Occasional Holidays, Weekend schedule: None
Mayo Clinic is located in the heart of downtown Rochester, Minnesota, a vibrant, friendly city that provides a highly livable environment for more than 34,000 Mayo staff and students. The city is consistently ranked among the best places to live in the United States because of its affordable cost of living, healthy lifestyle, excellent school systems and exceptionally high quality of life.
Category: Office & Administrative Support
Job posting number: 125461BR
Equal opportunity employer
Mayo Clinic is an equal opportunity educator and employer (including veterans and persons with disabilities).
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!