Senior Software Test Engineer, SmugMug
Remote- WFH, SmugMug-HQ
The SmugMug QA team is embarking on an exciting journey of introducing automated testing to our software-development processes. In this role, you will join one of our product-development teams to help with QA efforts throughout the entire software-development life cycle. You will help us define and develop our automation frameworks for the web and for our native apps. We will look to you to help identify and coach the set of skills necessary to introduce automation as part of our workflow.
If the idea of leading this transformation and joining an amazing group of passionate testers sounds awesome, then we are looking for you!
- Design and implement end-to-end test scenarios
- Develop, maintain, and improve our automation frameworks (we use Nightwatch.js)
- Train and mentor the QA team to write tests using Node.js
- Extend the automation training to the larger engineering organization
- Suggest and implement new tools and processes as needed
- Think strategically to improve testing processes and help define standard methodologies while providing high-quality and scalable solutions
- Look for ways to optimize the overall software-development life cycle
- Thoroughly test bug fixes and new product releases
- Work with the product management team to file, organize, and prioritize bugs into the product teams’ roadmaps
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in test automation frameworks
- A self-starting mentality with good problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- A readiness to test manually and maintain a team-oriented spirit
- Experience with Agile methodologies in a QA capacity
- Experience testing as QA
Nice to Have:
- BS in computer science or engineering equivalent
- Background in e-commerce, consumer-facing products
- A real passion for photography and visual storytelling
SmugMug aims to thrill customers around the world, and building a diverse team is critical to our success. We seek employees with a variety of backgrounds and perspectives. And we’re committed to providing equal opportunities and cultivating an inclusive culture. We believe that embracing diversity is integral to innovation and progress.