Senior Software Engineer, Users Directory
Auth0, a global leader in Identity-as-a-Service (IDaaS), provides thousands of enterprise customers with a Universal Identity Platform for their web, mobile, IoT, and internal applications. Its extensible platform seamlessly authenticates and secures more than 1.5B logins per month, making it loved by developers and trusted by global enterprises. Auth0 has raised more than $110 million to date and continues its global growth at a rapid pace. We are consistently recognized as a great place to work based our outstanding leadership and dedication to company culture, and are looking for the best people to join our incredible team spread across more than 35 countries!
The Directory Services team at Auth0 develops and owns the APIs and services required to access and store users data and resides at the heart of our authentication systems. As a member of the team you will work on designing and developing new features and improvements related to security, performance and functionality to protect and empower our users and take our platform to the next level.
You will have the opportunity to gain a greater understanding and context about how Auth0 works and learn more about data structures, databases and how to build reliable, highly-available distributed systems.
You will often work with other teams both within the Engineering organization and outside of it, in order to get a better understanding of customer needs and the impact of changes you perform.
- Collaborate with other engineers and teams to develop new features, APIs, improvements and fixes to handle our current and future scale.
- Collaborate with our support team as the last level of escalation for tickets.
- Be a part of the team’s on-call rotations.
- Troubleshoot production issues and implement fixes for them.
You might be a good fit for this role if you:
- Have experience creating public APIs.
- Are passionate about working on systems that are highly-reliable, maintainable and scalable.
- Have experience and passion for good engineering practices.
- Have solid experience with cloud environments (e.g: AWS).
- Have knowledge of data modeling and principles of database systems (relational and non-relational).
- Have knowledge in the techniques for the secure storage of data.
- Are a good communicator and enjoy interacting with people.
- Excel when working autonomously.
- Always strive to learn and are interested in improving your security knowledge.
- Are located +/- 4 from PST (UTC−8)
- Have 2+ years of experience in the identity and access management (IAM) domain.
- Know about security engineering, authentication and federation protocols, cryptography, and application security.
- Have experience with OAuth2 and/or SAML auth protocols.
- Have solid NodeJS experience.
- Have experience running MongoDB in a large-scale production environment.
- GMT-8 ; GMT-7 ; GMT-6 ; GMT-5 ; GMT-4 : GMT-3
Auth0 is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.