Senior Software Engineer – Solutions Delivery
While we are Headquartered in Seattle, we are seeking the best talent to join our team & will consider Remote/Telework options for candidates located anywhere in the US.
Who We Are:
iStreamPlanet delivers some of the world’s most prestigious and most viewed online experiences, such as the Olympics, Super Bowl, NCAA March Madness and FIFA World Cup. We are also helping traditional and new media brands, including Fox, NBC, Turner, DirecTV, Hulu and fuboTV, among others, reimagine their businesses by delivering their content directly to their consumers at scale via engaging online experiences. We are majority owned by Turner and a subsidiary of WarnerMedia, much like our sister companies HBO and Warner Bros, but we are also uniquely positioned to serve the broader market in the US and globally.
iStreamPlanet’s engineers are empowered to do what’s right for our customers. We encourage creative solutions, trust and demand data, and generally gravitate toward open source. We have a learning culture and continually seek ways to deliver a better product. We maintain a very high bar for ourselves and depend on one another to meet national broadcast expectations. We are committed to delivering the best experience to the fan whenever and wherever.
The Sr. Software Engineer is responsible for researching a wide range of issues and providing solutions. Knowledgeable about emerging trends and strongly influences the design of new products, processes, and standards. Provides technical oversight and mentoring to other team members. Core team member of one or more projects working on complex deliverables.
- Create and maintain new features end-to-end across an entire product, from inception to design to implementation to deliver to the customer.
- Collaborate with product/program managers and business stakeholders to offer the most appropriate technical solution to customer requirements. Recommend options when a proposed solution is not technically feasible, cost-effective, or impractical in the desired timeframe.
- Contribute directly to major, cloud scale architecture decisions.
- Contribute to developing loosely-coupled, RESTful service-oriented architectures with a bias for simple, elegant solutions.
- Design services and create APIs from scratch based on vetted customer requirements.
- Assist in the selection, evaluation, and integration of Open Source solutions, programming languages, and third party hosted solutions.
- Perform dev-ops to drive continuous improvement with operational metrics and maintain low, live-site overhead.
- Analyze the complex technical architecture across iStreamPlanet’s platform and infrastructure to understand the underlying driver of high availability and lead the assessment of all failures to determine root causes and drive fixes.
- Provide technical oversight and mentoring to other team members.
- Lead small teams in the implementation of customer and system solutions.
- Unit test, load test, and document all code to ensure that solutions are correct and maintainable.
- Bachelor’s degree in technology or software-related field of study or equivalent experience
- 5-10 years of relevant experience.
- Strong understanding of one or more industry-standard languages (e.g. Go/C/C++/C#/Java/Swift/Python).
- Experience working with Open Source solutions.
- Experience with industry-standard database technologies (e.g. MongoDB, Cloudata or cloud solutions from AWS, Google, etc.).
- Experience working in virtualized, cloud environments.
- Highly competent design skills utilizing patterns and frameworks.
- Ability to ramp up on distributed architectures quickly to understand important scalability and reliability issues and apply data to inform and improve those issues.
- Proven ability to work and problem solve independently/collaboratively, to organize workload and priorities, high-quality execution, technical innovation/adaption, and initiative.
Nice to Have:
- Experience with multiple compilers and operating systems.
- Experience developing web-based UI.
- Experience architecting, designing, and building large scale distributed systems
iStreamPlanet is building connected video services for the Internet age. We’re ambitious, agile, dynamic, and 100% customer focused. We’re also fun, appreciate good humor, and we want people who are passionate about their work.
iStreamPlanet is an equal opportunity employer.