Senior Software Engineer – Kafka at StockX
Senior Software Engineer – Kafka
- at StockX
- Remote Opportunity
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer with strong Kafka experience to join the Marketplace Services Team at StockX.
The Marketplace Services Team is responsible for powering the StockX experience across different platforms by providing a scalable and reliable set of microservices that implement our core business functionality. We utilize cutting edge tools and platforms such as Go, Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes, and AWS to handle our massive growth.
As a Senior Software Engineer (Kafka Focus), you will be empowered to take ownership of technology decisions and solutions while playing a pivotal role in establishing a successful engineering culture at a fast-growing company.
This is a great opportunity to leverage your knowledge of Kafka and event-driven technologies, to build a world-class team and to have a huge impact on how marketplaces can be redefined. At StockX, we are just getting started.
- Design, build, and evolve durable, highly scalable event-driven infrastructure
- Provide expertise and establish best practices on the development, monitoring, and maintenance of event-based technologies.
- Research and implement cutting edge technology that can be applied to handle massive scale
- Help define the way we work in the future including coding and design standards
- Work effectively in an agile development process
- Strong experience with Apache Kafka in a high-throughput production environment.
- Strong experience with stream processing applications such as Flink, KSQL/ksqlDB, KStreams, or Materialize
- Strong skill set in in-memory applications, concurrent programming, and data modeling
- Understanding of low-level Kafka innerworkings and partitioning schemes
- Expertise in schema registries and knowledge of the tradeoffs between various message serialization protocols
- Experience in service oriented and/or microservice architectures
- Experience working with AWS or other cloud providers
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. However, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. StockX reserves the right to amend this job description at any time.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!