Senior Software Engineer – Java/Scala: USA Only at Socure
Location: US locations only
Founded in 2012, Socure is the leader in high-assurance digital identity verification technology. Named to Forbes’ 2019 AI 50 list as one of America’s most promising AI companies, and a recent winner of API World’s Best Data API, Socure’s technology applies artificial intelligence and machine learning techniques with trusted online/offline data intelligence from email, address, phone, IP, social media and the broader Internet to verify identities in real-time. Customers include three of the top five U.S. banks, seven of the top 10 U.S. card issuers, as well as the majority of leading digital banks, lenders and insurers across the U.S. We are funded by some of the world’s best investors and entrepreneurs including Scale Venture Partners, Commerce Ventures, Work-Bench, Santander InnoVentures and Two Sigma Ventures.
The only way we can further our mission of becoming the single, trusted source of identity verification and eliminating identity fraud is by building the best team on the planet. This is where you come in!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- You will partner with our globally distributed cross-functional teams (Product, Infrastructure, Engineering, Data Science) to conceptualize and develop new features and products in an Agile environment.
- You will own end-to-end delivery of software components all the way to production, owning team features or systems.
- You will be building web services and REST APIs at scale, and producing high-quality results with direct business impact.
- You will be monitoring and improving existing deployments, ensuring that we are continuously improving our product.
- You will be assisting our QA and support team in triaging and resolving production issues and addressing bugs.
What You’ll Bring:
- You are interested in our tech stack (Java or Scala, SQL Databases, NoSQL, Microservices, and AWS)
- You will have strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, various programming languages, distributed systems, etc.
- You will have a minimum of 3 years commercial engineering experience working with large systems software design & development
- You understand engineering best practices and seek to improve engineering standards, tooling and processes.
- You write “good code” – easily understandable, secure and testable!
- You are comfortable helping drive technical decisions within our Engineering team.
- You have experience building applications at scale.
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive base salary
- Equity – every employee is a stakeholder in our upside
- Medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and their dependents
- Parental leave and fertility support
- Flexible PTO
- 401K with company match
- Stipend to supply your home office
- Annual professional development stipend
A Message on COVID-19:
Socure’s number one priority is to safeguard the health and well-being of our team members, our families and our communities. During this unprecedented time, we are closely monitoring COVID-19 developments and updating our response plan quarterly. We are regularly soliciting feedback from our employees to help inform our return-to-office strategy. For our team members who loved going into the office, we are looking forward to meeting once again! But until then, we are striving to ensure that Socureans have the resources and support they need to excel from home. This includes a work-from-home stipend so you can build your home office and fun, virtual events so you can continue to feel connected to your coworkers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity of all kinds at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Location: US Locations Only
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!