Senior Software Engineer – Infastructure Engineer at CTO.ai
Sr Software Engineer/ Infastructure Engineer
- Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada or Remote
- Full time
At CTO.ai we believe that DevOps is too complicated for most developers and too subjective for most companies. Our Platform allows teams to package up custom automations (Ops) that can be run on your local machine or in Slack, which we strongly believe is the center of remote collaboration. Did we mention that we are also building out an open source library of Ops?
About the Opportunity
Were currently looking to add a Senior Level Engineer or Infrastructure/DevOps Engineer to our close knit and cross functional team. This is a unique position and problem to get to solve. You not only need to have strong experience with DevOps, but also understand the challenges and complications of implementing it across an organization and be passionate about fixing this! We seek to simplify and automate the DevOps process, our mission at CTO.ai is to make DevOps more enjoyable and accessible to the next 50 million developers.
Our Platform tech stack includes: Golang, Rust, Node.js and Vue. We offer SDKs for building Ops in: Golang, Python, Node.js, and Bash.
What You’ll Do
- Work on tickets in Sprints spanning features, bugs, tech debt in API, CLI client, Slack client, or in one of our microservices.
- Work to improve the developer experience through Lean DevOps
- Coordinate with Product team to unblock their designs and MVP features
- Collaborate with the team to solution minimal viable product offerings within time budgeted
- Improve documentation of our system both internally and customer facing
- Open tickets for identified bugs or tech debt and communicating this with Project Manager
- On support rotation, assist customers with user facing difficulties and tackle critical bugs
- Write Ops for our open source library to serve as examples for our community
- Help improve our developer experience and environment
- Support our community team through various initiatives – the more involved you want to be the better!
This position requires you to be a pragmatic programmer, one who can approach the problems of today with a get it done attitude while still thinking about how these decisions impact our product tomorrow. Its not just about being skilled technically (although our team is extremely strong) but also understanding the realities of a business in this stage. Previous startup experience, customer facing and/or team lead experience are all huge assets. We are a user centric company, a commitment to building a product that our users cant live without is an absolute must. As our users are developers, we are very active in the community and have a strong preference for those who share our passion in creating and engaging in bigger conversations around DevOps and the developer experience. Be sure to check out our social channels! Success in this role is also critically dependent on the proven ability to be adaptable, having a comfort with working in ambiguity and failing fast.
- 5+ years developer experience w/ 3+ years in DevOps, SRE or equivalent role
- Relation and non-relational databases
- Microservice oriented architecture
- Experience architecting systems
- 3+ years in Node.js/React/Vue AND 2+ years Golang (or 4+ in other compiled languages)
- 2+ years container orchestration experience in Kubernetes, Docker Swarm or equivalent
- 2+ years experience in AWS for configuring and maintaining cloud resources
- 2+ years Python or Ruby | 1+ years Rust | 1+ years TypeScript |
- 1+ years Azure/GCP for configuring and maintaining cloud resources
- Full stack Experience
Like many companies we now a digital by default company! Our staff can choose to work from home or from our office in downtown Vancouver. As we support are able to support a more distributed work force we are open to candidates from outside of Vancouver applying.
Other Reasons We Love Working Here
- We each have a lot of autonomy and the opportunity to make a big impact
- We value each other’s opinions and voices and work to create a transparent and collaborative environment
- We offer competitive salaries and make sure we check these each year against local industry salary surveys
- We offer an employer-paid comprehensive benefits plan including an Extended Health Care with Dental/Vision Care, Life Insurance, and AD&D
- We support families and provide employees with Maternity & Parental leave options
- We provide a flexible work schedule and environment
- We have a flexible vacation policy
- We foster a culture of inclusivity and invite all those interested to apply!
If this role sounds interesting, please send us your resume and bit about you and your interest in the role. Feel free to include links like your GitHub, code samples or social accounts that will help us understand your background. Thanks!
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!