Senior Software Engineer in Test at The Hartford
Senior Software Engineer in Test
- United States – Virtual
- Full Time
You are a driven and motivated problem solver ready to pursue meaningful work.
- You strive to make an impact every day & not only at work, but in your personal life and community too.
- If that sounds like you, then you’ve landed in the right place.
- Middle and Large Commercial IT is looking for an experienced, energetic, and passionate Senior Software Development Engineer.
- The individual will be part of a large team driving highly visible strategic agenda for the organization.
- You will coach and ensure the Scrum teams adopts the quality engineering practices.
- Partners with the Scrum Master, Product Owner, Release Train Engineer and other SDETs to form test strategy to develop and optimize automated test executions.
- You will have access to the most modern suite of technology for automated testing.
- Get your hands on Java, Selenium, Angular, Soap UI, Karate, Protractor, Cucumber, Jenkins, and more!
- Design and build test architectures (test automation frameworks, code libraries, etc.) for the team to use across the platforms.
- Identify tools and technologies for implementation that align with business goals, current infrastructure, and the team skill-set.
- Create reporting frameworks and actual reports of test results, and set up automated storage and distribution of them.
- Manage test data. Prepare test strategy applying industry-accepted practices, tools and technologies.
- Provide technical leadership and coaching to all Engineers across the Release Train; Define strategic direction for testing by providing guidance, feedback, and suggestions to improve quality practices across the Agile Release Train.
- Collaborate with other stake holders like Product Managers, System Architects, System Teams and RTE to improve the testing infrastructure and mature the DevOps practices.
- Participate in High level and Low level design of the application/system.
- Support optimization of regression testing time by leveraging Selenium Grids and Containers.
- Provide support to engineers in configuring Virtual Environments and the setup of the E2E integration in lower environments.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship.
- 5+ years of experience with Java programming.
- 3+ years of experience with Selenium/Protractor.
- 1+ years of experience with Jenkins.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!