Senior Software Engineer II
Location: Brooklyn 11201 United States
This position can report to our Brooklyn, NY office with work from home flexibility or be fully remote (US Only)
Our team is committed to hiring a diverse workforce and encourages candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Engineer to join our team. As a Senior Engineer at Agrilyst, you’ll have the following opportunities:
- Build features and infrastructure for Agrilyst’s farm management software platform.
- Scope, estimate and build solutions with significant greenfield.
- Design architecture and provide technical leadership to sprint teams.
- Give advice to and serve as a role model for junior engineers.
- Explore new tools and processes to speed up development on the team.
You craft solutions that balance the tradeoffs between technical and product goals. Given a nebulous project with many team members working on it, you have the ability to scope it, find a solution, implement and launch that solution. You can proactively identify areas of friction, including interpersonal issues and technical debt, and encourage and enable the team to resolve it before it becomes a long-term problem. Other engineers buy into your proposed solutions, even though they do not report to you.
Agrilyst is a web-based software platform that helps farms manage their crops and gain data-driven insights to make more profitable production decisions. We’re a remote team with HQ in Brooklyn, New York. We value curiosity, trust, teamwork, and finding solutions for our customers. You can read more about our company values here.
Our platform is built with Ruby on Rails, Python, React, and Postgres.
- 8+ years successful engineering industry experience
- Experience working within an early/growth-stage startup team
- Experience as a tech lead for team based projects
- Competitive salary + equity
- Generous PTO package
- 401k plan
- Enjoy an occasional all hands meeting with the entire Company in new and exciting locations!