Senior Software Engineer (Remote)
Instructure was founded to define, develop, and deploy superior, easy-to-use software. (And that’s what we did / do / will keep on doing.) We are dedicated to the fight against iffy, mothbally, shoddy software. We make better, more usable tools for teaching and learning (you know, stuff people will actually use). A better connected and more open education technology ecosystem. And more effective ways for everyone everywhere to access education, make discoveries, share knowledge, be inspired, and do big things. We accomplish all this by giving smart, creative, passionate people opportunities to create awesome. So here’s your opportunity.
We’re hiring Software Engineers who are passionate about technology and education to build a new, next-generation product for companies who want to invest in their employees.
Our product team doesn’t throw specs over some imaginary wall to engineering, and engineering doesn’t throw code over some imaginary wall to QA. We all collaborate together. We highly value innovation, so much so that we have quarterly Hackweeks. A week each quarter to work on relevant pet projects and features.
Here’s what we are looking for:
- We are full stack engineers with experience building web-scale services in a loosely coupled but highly integrated system, as well as developing web-scale single-page web apps with modern web technology.
- We are a mixed stack and polyglot team with a deep commitment to quality and to using the right tech for each problem we solve.
Here’s what you need to know/have:
- Breadth of experience (and interest) in different languages and frameworks.
- Skilled full stack developer, with deep experience in both a server-side language and front-end language.
- Ability to solve complex problems requiring in-depth analysis.
- Over 7 years of professional software engineering experience (post degree).
- Mastery of your chosen tools.
- Knowledge of Agile best practices.
- Capable Communicator.
- Crazy passionate about learning new stuff.
- Strong knowledge of, and adherence to, coding best practices.
- Prior experience working fully remote.
- BS in Computer Science or related degree preferred.\
Get in on all the awesome at Instructure:
- Competitive salary, equity, and 401k
- Employee stock purchase plan
- 100% paid medical, dental, disability, and life insurance
- HSA program, vision, voluntary life, and AD&D
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off, 9 paid holidays, and flexible work schedules
- Gym club reimbursements and rewards-based fitness tracking
- Latest software and tools with top of the line equipment