Senior Software Engineer at Herrmann
Senior Software Engineer
- Location: Multiple Countries
The Senior Software Engineer is an integral member of our product engineering team supporting our mission of Better thinking for a better world. This role supports our mission by increasing access to Whole Brain Thinking through easy-to-use digital tools and content. Our platform empowers individuals, teams, and organizations to understand and transform their thinking through harnessing their cognitive diversity.
You will work on all areas of our platform: back-end (logic, database interactions, server configuration), front end (user interface), and may be called upon to help with DevOps (including deployment, network operations and systems administration of our global applications).
- Work with our product and engineering team to design and implement new features for our SaaS platform to increase client satisfaction and engagement
- Support and improve existing features and functionality to create a world class user experience for our customers and keep our platform current.
- Write unit and integration test along with internal and end-user documentation
- Partner with the product manager and cross-functional teammates to create a world-class business platform
- Attend and participate in team and company sprint sessions
- Experience working in a high growth SaaS organization
- You have 5-7 years Ruby on Rails experience, with demonstrated experience using rails to create API s for front-end heavy applications
- Basic database and SQL experience
- Experience designing and building RESTful APIs
- Experience with HTML/CSS/JS, with a focus on integrating with web services from the client side
- Strong understanding of good system architecture and code structure
- Strong automated unit testing skills in a Rails environment
- Experience and familiarity with working in Scrum
- Comfortable with Git and Github
- Experience handling multiple projects at a time while maintaining good communication with our internal team and partners and can work under stress and meet scheduled deadlines
- Excellent oral and written skills with strong analytical skills and proven ability to communicate and present effectively
- Focused in creating your own path and processes to deliver projects
- A self-starter/self-motivated to aid in increasing service efficiency and process; Outstanding Teammate with a positive attitude
- Prior experience working in a global remote environment
PREFERRED ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Possess a bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Software Engineering
- Experience with React in an SPA environment
- Experience with React related libraries used in front-end heavily applications like redux, react-router, react-saga, react-thunk, etc.
- Experience and knowledge of SaaS /subscription business models, is a huge plus
- Prior experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Comfortable with Google Docs Suite and web-based SaaS customer platforms (e.g., HubSpot, Salesforce, etc.)
We are a 100% remote-working company, and this role can be performed from any location within your assigned geography, so long as you have a reliable high bandwidth internet connection and a relatively quiet workspace to be able to take calls during your defined working hours. You will be expected to be available to travel a few times per year for internal team activities that require physical presence. While our travel has been put on hold during the global pandemic, we hope to be traveling and seeing one another again soon.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of thinking preferences, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Powered by JazzHR
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!