Senior Software Engineer at Equinix
Senior Software Engineer
- Location: Remote US
- Job Type: PERMANENT
- Job Time: FULLTIME
Equinix is the worlds digital infrastructure company, operating 210 data centers across the globe and providing interconnections to all the key clouds and networks. Businesses need one place to simplify and bring together fragmented, complex infrastructure that spans private and public cloud environments.With Equinix Metal, customers can rapidly deploy automated single-tenant infrastructure and interact with 1,800+ networks and 2,900+ cloud and service providers.Our global platform allows customers to place infrastructure wherever they need it and connect it to everything they need to succeed.
At Equinix, we help the worlds digital leaders scale with agility, speed the launch of digital services, deliver world-class experiences, and transform peoples lives. Our culture is based on collaboration and the growth and development of our teams.
We hire hardworking people who thrive on solving challenging problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, and try new approaches, as we grow our product portfolio with new software and network architecture solutions. We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment. that is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success
This role can be remote or based in one of our office locations.
- Developing the Tinkerbell Provisioning stack that powers Equinix Metal
- Being an active member of our open source community to represent both internal and community needs
- Working closely with our team and collaborate with engineers and product owners across Packet/Equinix to introduce and enhance our products capabilities for customers
- Be responsible for enhancing the scalability, observability, security and operability of our stack
- Lead in the design and implementation of new systems, features and enhancements
- Actively participate in the continuous improvement of processes and systems that support our software development lifecycle (SDLC), values and culture
- 10+ years of experience developing scalable highly available services
- 3+ years of experience developing with Go & Python
- Experience designing microservices for resilience, observability and scalability
- Experience implementing REST and gRPC Interfaces
- Experience with agile software engineering practices, including Scrum, Jira, Peer Review, Git and CI/CD
- Deep analytical skills and a sense of curiosity
- A passion for hardware and automation of data center infrastructure
- Experience with modern deployment technologies, including Kubernetes, Ansible, and Terraform
- Experience with observability technologies such as Prometheus, Grafana, and the EFK stack
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to document solutions and create diagrams
- Experience contributing to Open Source and interacting with Open Source communities
- (Preferred) Experience with data center technologies including Network booting, DHCP, BMCs, and interacting with firmware
- (Preferred) Experience with networking technologies, including VPN technologies such as IPsec, OpenVPN and Wireguard, an understanding of BGP, Layer2/3 networking, and Anycast
Critical Success Factors
- Demonstrate humility
- Possess endless curiosity
- Listening to understand
We offer Medical,TeleMedicine, Dental, Vision, Life and AD&D insurance, 401K, Leave of absence & disability benefits, paid time off & holidays and more.
In accordance with Colorado State Law the salary range for Colorado for this role is $98,000-$132,000/year with 20% bonus target.
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disabilities.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!