Senior Sales Engineer at Flatfile
Sr. Sales Engineer
Distributed / Remote
At Flatfile, we believe that humans shouldn’t have to struggle to use the data that drives our work forwards. We create beautiful, human-centric experiences to remove the barriers between people and data. We’re automating every repetitive and painstaking process involved in teaching machines what data is and where it should go.
Want to join us?
We’re not just looking for man-hours. Calling humans “resources” gets you scowls from our COO. We crave your diverse perspective and your desire to solve the most unique challenges at the intersection of data and design.
About the role:
Flatfile is on a mission to remove barriers between humans and data. We’re starting by rethinking spreadsheet import, an experience that can be politely described as “frustrating” for everyone involved. With an elegant import button, we’re making data import easy, if not delightful, for hundreds of businesses already.
Your mission? r/hundreds/thousands
The software world has been neglecting this problem for so long that they’ve become callous to the pain of data import. Traditionally the challenge has been involving a non-technical user in something that, at its core, is a very technical problem. Flatfile has found a solution to the problem – something we call data onboarding – and we need to tell the world, quickly!
“Sales engineering” at a company of this stage is intentionally broad. You’ll wear a suit some days and flip-flops others. You’ll be talking to CEOs and CSMs, engineers and designers. Practically speaking, some of your responsibilities will include:
- Provide pre-sales assistance for sales opportunities to customers and partners
- Configure, optimize, and customize Flatfile for Proof of Concept deployments to ensure a smooth, hassle-free demo for our prospective clients
- Refine and research technical requirements of the opportunity
- Create solutions and articulate the benefits of Flatfile products
- Work closely with customers in the design and implementation of Flatfile
Your success will be dependent on your enthusiasm for the problem space, ability to learn about the market quickly, and deft balancing of strategic and technical initiatives to drive customer adoption and purchase of Flatfile. You’ll work closely with Flatfile’s executive leadership and play a pivotal role in the growth of our business. And you’ll fail, but you’ll learn from your failures and teach others along the way.
What you get back:
- Practical and valuable experience at a rapidly growing startup
- Significant responsibility and exposure to executive-level decision makers
- Competitive salary and performance-based compensation
- Full health, vision, and dental benefits
- Full 401k with company matching
- Flexibility to work from home (or Bermuda!)
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!