Senior Revenue Accountant at Tradesy
Title: Senior Revenue Accountant
- Location: US National
Tradesy is a peer-to-peer marketplace for buying and selling luxury fashion, enabling stylish customers to unlock the value in their closet to access affordable luxury. Our mission is to make fashion resale as simple, safe and stylish as retail- at scale. We have millions of passionate members, a product that people love, strong values centered around sustainability and equality, and a team culture that truly supports you- while giving you the freedom to work from wherever you are.
We are currently looking for a talented, highly-motivated Senior Accountant, who will be responsible for preparing and analyzing monthly revenue activity.
- Be responsible for the revenue recognition process. Prepare revenue recognition journal entries and related AR reconciliations in accordance with GAAP.
- Perform cash confirmation and reconciliation analysis.
- Maintain financial schedules and ledgers in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for ASC 606 and other regulatory requirements
- Perform monthly, quarterly, and year-end close procedures.
- Assist in the development and improvement of accounting processes.
- Support the completion of financial statement audits.
- Support the financial close of the month and compare and interpret results to forecasts
- Track and analyze key business drivers and operating metrics
- Assist with special projects and ad-hoc requests, as necessary
- 5 years of relevant work experience in Accounting/Finance
- Prior ecommerce or marketplace business experience a plus
- Expert using Microsoft Excel with large data sets
- CPA preferred, knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles critical.
- Attention to detail, excellent communication skills, and ability to prioritize demands and meet deadlines
- Creative and curious, able to work independently
What to expect:
Apply through our website www.tradesy.com or any affiliate job boards and
- You will receive a confirmation email
- If we don’t feel you meet the requirements for this position we will send you an email
If we think you meet enough of our criteria, one of our in-house Recruiters will reach out to schedule an introductory call
Compensation and benefits:
- Competitive salary -Commensurate with skill set, experience and the position. What you made at your last job should not dictate your worth. Tradesy is committed to a basic living wage threshold and holds its own $50k minimum wage standard for entry level positions.
- True opportunity for growth – we don’t believe in time served or waiting for your manager to get promoted or leave
- Carve out your own path, at your pace – there’s room at the top for all of us
- Comprehensive health benefits – several options for company paid medical, dental, prescription drug and vision plans
- Tradesy pays 100% of the premiums for individuals – great discounts if you want to add spouse/children/families
- Wealth benefits – 401k option and equity (stock options) because every employee should be an owner
- Flexible paid time off – we coordinate with each other to make sure work and play find a healthy balance
- Celebrate Diversity Paid Holiday Program – a combination of set and floating Company Holidays – so you can choose the days most meaningful to you
designated paid time off to serve (jury duty) and VOTE as well!
- Mentorship opportunities – grow within your field, gain valuable skills and experience in a new one or become a change agent for those around you – all on company time
- Paid Parental Leave – for moms, dads and everything in between
- Remote-friendly office – Work from the place that best works for you
- Flexible working hours – night owl? Got kids/pets/family obligations? We value your output, not the clock
- Virtual company-wide happy hours, product demos, support groups and team events. Philanthropy and community outreach too – we are constantly finding news ways to stay meaningfully connected in this virtual world
- Monthly technology reimbursement – $100 per month (tax free!) to help you stay connected and in touch
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!